Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

17 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

so no expansion it would take over a month or more to beat aatar now correct? 

No expansion, no beating Avatar at all.

Judging from its currently trajectory, I think it will lands at 2.752-2.755B, which means it falls 32M to 35M short of Avatar, even a re-expansion won't do. A worldwide re-release with some added scenes maybe, but I kind of doubt Disney would do it, profitability is questionable, but I also don't know if they want do something so "forced" that it could sour their relation with Cameron.  It reeks desperation and Disney is not a desperate company. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Does it matter at this point? The film has already made a crazy amount of money. 

it does matter, because it won't beat AVATAR.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Does it matter at this point? The film has already made a crazy amount of money. 

20 minutes ago, Avatree said:

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Indeed I'm not sure anything will. I doubt Avatar 2 does either. Maybe another ridiculous original run will do it in a decade.

Looks like I was wrong in my assessment that The Secret Life of Pets 2 would be the biggest non-Disney/non-Marvel film of the year. I’m somewhat relieved by that, but at the same time, it really does reinforce the fact that no studio other than that damn mouse has been able to leave any kind of mark at the box office this year.

The question is, just how much of the market share will Disney own by the end of the year, and how long will it be until they potentially monopolize the entire entertainment industry?

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Looks like I was wrong in my assessment that The Secret Life of Pets 2 would be the biggest non-Disney/non-Marvel film of the year. I’m somewhat relieved by that, but at the same time, it really does reinforce the fact that no studio other than that damn mouse has been able to leave any kind of mark at the box office this year.

What's the current bet now? the two Rock movies?

I totally forgot about IT 2.

10 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Indeed I'm not sure anything will. I doubt Avatar 2 does either. Maybe another ridiculous original run will do it in a decade.

Without Avatar the last 20 years would have been dominated by sequels.

What makes you say an original film can ever do it again?

and don't answer James Cameron because he's not doing anymore original films

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Without Avatar the last 20 years would have been dominated by sequels.

What makes you say an original film can ever do it again?

and don't answer James Cameron because he's not doing anymore original films

In a decade plus? Inflation and luck. A film that resonates strongly with China and US. Perhaps right after a US total collapse like Avatar.

Currency rates play a massive part in it. They can shift the total by 15% easily.

Edited by cdsacken

Just now, cdsacken said:

In a decade plus? Inflation and luck. A film that resonates strongly with China and US.

Avatar's record will be beaten by a sequel soon.

I don't see an original film being the highest grossing film of all time for many decades.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar's record will be beaten by a sequel soon.

I don't see an original film being the highest grossing film of all time for many decades.

Perhaps but I'm putting it at 2.5B unless Jim keeps delaying until a real disastrous recession hits the US. That would be genius and the US is due for one.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Perhaps but I'm putting it at 2.5B unless Jim keeps delaying until a real disastrous recession hits the US. That would be genius and the US is due for one.

that's what Avatar 3,4 and 5 are for.

There's no way Avatar 2 misses 2.5b

Endgame's shown how obtainable that number is with just fandom alone. Imagine a good film with hype.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Well sure if Avatar 2 actually had hype. Other than the board no one ever mentions it. It's that movie that was delayed 6 times and night never be released.

I'm sure everyone had been talking about The Incredibles before in the years build up to the sequel.

I think you take the GA for fools, you think they won't remember the best cinemtatic experience of their lives? By the way that's why Avatar made a shit ton of cash, because it was like nothing people had seen before.

Avatar will have hype and you can be the money first Disney will captislise with their marketing.

• Like 4