Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:30 AM, AndyK said:

Looks like Lex Luther is the next one in line to get the R rated treatment...

https://www.nme.com/news/film/lex-luthor-solo-movie-reportedly-in-the-works-with-villain-as-president-2554658

Problem is it would be hard for a "Lex as President" movie to top what we are seeing on the nightly news...

Seriously, a film about a megalamonic Billionaire becoming President might have sold, but right now it's too freaking close to home for a lot of people.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, TMP said:

Turns out Scorsese was just a DC fanboy all along

Ain't no secret that Scorsese's production company is one of the companies producing the Joker, and one of the producers is pretty much Scorsese's go to person for  producing his films.

I understand Scorsese pulled out of The Joker because he wanted to concentrate on "The Irishman".

I don't agree with Scorsese on the MCU, but I see where is coming from.

I think he is concerned that MCU type film..not just CBM, but big budget action oriented SFX heavy blockbusters in general..are eating up so much production money that studios don't want to finance the kind of film that Scorsese does. He had to go outside the box ..to Netflix..to get The Irishman greenlit.

And I am concerned that our theatrical film diet is getting more and more restricted, way things are going, in a few years only "Amusement Park" films will be shown in Theaters. And that would be tragic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Ain't no secret that Scorsese's production company is one of the companies producing the Joker, and one of the producers is pretty much Scorsese's go to person for  producing his films.

I understand Scorsese pulled out of The Joker because he wanted to concentrate on "The Irishman".

I don't agree with Scorsese on the MCU, but I see where is coming from.

I think he is concerned that MCU type film..not just CBM, but big budget action oriented SFX heavy blockbusters in general..are eating up so much production money that studios don't want to finance the kind of film that Scorsese does. He had to go outside the box ..to Netflix..to get The Irishman greenlit.

And I am concerned that our theatrical film diet is getting more and more restricted, way things are going, in a few years only "Amusement Park" films will be shown in Theaters. And that would be tragic.

The issue is that audiences are mostly going to theaters and spending 20 bucks if they really feel a desire to see a film and is a must see...

or else most people wait for VOD or download a film and watch it whenever. 

All this Martin Scorsese drama is reminding me of that fake Chris Nolan quote from 2014 about how real movies don’t have end credit scenes. Nolan never actually said that (what he actually said was that Zack Snyder shouldn’t put a post credit scene in Man of Steel just because Marvel does stuff like that), but it certainly pissed some people off regardless. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

All this Martin Scorsese drama is reminding me of that fake Chris Nolan quote from 2014 about how real movies don’t have end credit scenes. Nolan never actually said that (what he actually said was that Zack Snyder shouldn’t put a post credit scene in Man of Steel just because Marvel does stuff like that), but it certainly pissed some people off regardless. 

Well James Mangold did outright say he hated post credits scenes. 

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

The point is that superhero movies didn't start 10 years ago, even if youngsters have forgotten that Catwoman or Blade exist - and think that Black Panther or Wonder Woman are "firsts". In terms of diversity, the genre (and therefore blockbusters in general) just took a huge step backwards when Disney decided to produce 20+ movies with white male leads.

Who said they did? It's not about BP or WW being firsts but how their massive success shows that there are no excuses for why we shouldn't have more CBMs with women and poc leads.

It's amusing that you only call out Disney when WB wasn't doing much better. Again, Catwoman was over 15 years ago. 

10 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Who said they did? It's not about BP or WW being firsts but how their massive success shows that there are no excuses for why we shouldn't have more CBMs with women and poc leads.

It's amusing that you only call out Disney when WB wasn't doing much better. Again, Catwoman was over 15 years ago. 

I am unsure though...I think BP and WW did help by comic book movies becoming so popular by previous super hit films in the genre.  

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am unsure though...I think BP and WW did help by comic book movies becoming so popular by previous super hit films in the genre.  

Yeh Wonder Woman broke out and showed studios, who were previously too scared to release a female lead superhero film, that they could hit big. 

Black Panther wasn’t just a single black lead, it was a predominantly black cast. And it was massive. 

I think both certainly showed Hollywood that audiences wanted something different. 

The Joker is a lame piece of trash film.

The Joker is a whiny bitch you wanna punch in the face the whole film.

This movie will have no influence on anything and CGI blockbusters will still rule the Earth for decades Thank God.

Phoenix was better in that Paul Thomas Anderson film.

The fact that the movie makes the dick hard of both progressists and Trump guys says a LOT about our times.

A LOT.

They thought they were oh so different and yet they both ADORE this fecal matter of a film.

How come such a whiny bitch character fascinate people that much ?

Probably because everyone have become a whiny bitch about everything and people liked seeing this image of themselves in the mirror ?

If so, well good for everybody I guess.

Sorry to have interrupted the whining and the feeling sorry for oneself parade.

Please Continue the whining then.

Oh the embarrassment of seeing dudebros in Joker this Halloween, Be strong everybody.

Oh and Yes, I am self aware, don't worry, I know I whine all the time too but not on the existential level as this Joker idiot character.

WHAT A FUCKING WHINY BITCH CLOWN.

Everybody wants to be a victim these days.

Everybody.

Grow the fuck up.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I am unsure why anyone takes any of Jokers "Whiny' self righteousness seriously.

That was not the point of the film.

I don't think the director was saying the Joker's philosophy is right, it is more to showcase that is how some people in our society think. 

They feel they cant get ahead, they feel society is against them ... and maybe its because of their own self failure or not being able to deal with their mental issues. 

Like I cant see how one could see the film trying to paint a good light on "incels and far right" ideas about being prosecuted by society. It more shows the dangers of people having those ideas. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

This movie will have no influence on anything and CGI blockbusters will still rule the Earth for decades Thank God.

The fact that the movie makes the dick hard of both progressists and Trump guys says a LOT about our times.

A LOT.

They thought they were oh so different and yet they both ADORE this fecal matter of a film.

Probably because everyone have become a whiny bitch about everything and people liked seeing this image of themselves in the mirror ?

Oh the embarrassment of seeing dudebros in Joker this Halloween, Be strong everybody.

Oh and Yes, I am self aware, don't worry, I know I whine all the time too but not on the existential level as this Joker idiot character.

Everybody.

Grow the fuck up.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

A LOT.

Everybody.

Grow the fuck up.

You must have a really, really big head because it seems like everyone in the world lives there rent free.

• Like 1