Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Shazam 7/10

Endgame 7/10 (probably going down to a 6, the final battle gets worse every time I watch it and it's probably the worst final battle in an Avengers film)

Joker 6/10

Spider-Man FFH 5/10

Captain Marvel 5/10

Alita 4/10

not counting the fight on titan but how is it worse than anything in Wakanda at the end of IW? 

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

not counting the fight on titan but how is it worse than anything in Wakanda at the end of IW? 

Wakanda battle wasn't that good too but at least it didn't have the crappy brown filter all over it. Seriously though, all these battles pale in comparison to the New York battle in the first Avengers. Whedon knows how to have these characters interact better than the Russos.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1

CBM movies this year: 

Endgame 7.5/10: The Russo Brothers are (or were) easily my favorite directors in the MCU. Big loss for the MCU if they don't come back. The movie was good enough, better than Civil War, but not as good as IW and Winter Soldier.

Alita 7.5/10: The script was a hacked down version of Cameron's original script and it shows. But great attention to detail, next level CG, and watching the Motorball scene on a theater screen was thrilling. Hands down the best action scene in any CBM this year. Underrated score by Junkie XL in my opinion. Additional props for doing something different, a manga adaption with that kind of budget directed by Robert Rodriguez, huge gamble.

Joker 7/10: Good enough movie but I wasn't blown away by it. It just felt like a lesser Taxi Driver, one of my favorites.

Shazam 6.5/10: Not a bad movie but I think it just wasn't for me, I felt that 2h + running time

Spider-Man FFH 6.5/10: Serviceable entertainment, but I've seen it all before and done better

Captain Marvel 5/10: Eh... By the numbers Marvel, mostly forgettable

Dark Phoenix ?/10

Edited by Alexdube

Okay guys, Rate your top 10 CBM movies of 2010s 

1. Avengers Infinity war  10/10

2. Deadpool   9/10

3. Avengers Endgame 9/10

4. Avengers  9/10

5. Winter Soldier 8/10

6. Wonder Woman  7.5/10

7. Ant Man  7.5/10

8. Thor Ragnarok 7/10

9. Black Panther 7/10

10. Shazam & Captain Marvel  6.5/10

Joker 8/10

Endgame, CM, FFH, Shazam 7/10

Dark Phoenix 6/10

Nothing particularly memorable with the exception of Joker (which likely will be in my top 5-10 of the year), but still enjoyable movies. Endgame was a bit disappointing after IW, but still a lot of fun. FFH was also a step down from Homecoming, CM I actually liked better than I thought I will. Shazam was fun, but forgettable, and DP had some great parts but as a whole it's a disappointment just like Apocalypse.

2010s top in no particular order:

X-men: First Class

X-men: Days of Future Past

Logan

Guardians of the Galaxy

Spider-man: Homecoming

Avengers: Infinity War

Wonder Woman

Kick-Ass

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

for the decade:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 9/10

The Death of Stalin 8/10

Spider-man Into the Spider-verse 8/10

The Avengers 8/10

Wonder Woman 7/10

Black Panther 7/10

Doctor Strange 7/10

Shazam 7/10

Captain America The First Avenger 7/10

The Adventures of Tintin 7/10

Pretty ok decade for comic book movies but nowhere near as good as the 2000s. The 2000s were filled with so many 9/10 cbms and three 10/10 cbms (Spider-man 2, Speed Racer, and Josie and the Pussycats) for me while thie decade has only one 9/10 cbm.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

for the decade:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 9/10

The Death of Stalin 8/10

Spider-man Into the Spider-verse 8/10

The Avengers 8/10

Wonder Woman 7/10

Black Panther 7/10

Doctor Strange 7/10

Shazam 7/10

Captain America The First Avenger 7/10

The Adventures of Tintin 7/10

Pretty ok decade for comic book movies but nowhere near as good as the 2000s. The 2000s were filled with so many 9/10 cbms and three 10/10 cbms (Spider-man 2, Speed Racer, and Josie and the Pussycats) for me while thie decade has only one 9/10 cbm.

Considering your taste in movies, I am really surprised by GOTG2 at top. 

The Joker is such a conformist movie.

There s a reason it fascinates both the far right and the far left or whatever you wanna call each side.

They sucked both the same cancerous tittie post WWII.

The level of cynicism of the Joker enterprise is so off the charts the Burij Khalifa is still small compared to it.

Imagine acting like you are an "artiste" ( french spelling with an"e") in your interviews because your Joker movie is "oh so different" than the usual superhero drivel/tripe for kids and you don't want to sell toys you know.

You are an "Artiste".

Now imagine making a movie so dishonest about the Joker character and the superhero lore that your movie has absolutely nothing to do with said lore and everything about the lore in your movie is a lame, clumsy afterthought.

That is how much you despise the lore and the S word.

Point is Joker could have been called Tears of a Clown while telling the exact same story

BUT 

it  would have made 100m WW if lucky.

Todd Phillips is a genius.

A Genius.

He vomits on genre films and superhero movies.

He Tells his lame post-marxist victimhood mentality tale that is so stupid it actually hurts the brains so everybody thinks the movie is telling "important" things you know.

Everybody wants to be a victim these days.

We have been well trained in that regard.

Told you the movie is the most conformist shit you could ever imagine.

There s a reason it resonated among the useful idiots.

BUT

Phillips uses the DC Brand, the Joker brand and the financial power of one of the biggest media company in the world for his movie.

That level of cynicism revulses me.

And yes, Phoenix has been better in plenty of other films and that laugh was unbearable anyway.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Endgame 10/10

Infinity War 10/10

GOTG2 9/10

Spider-Man ITSV 9/10

Logan 9/10

Spider-Man FFH 9/10

Captain America Civil War 9/10

Black Panther 9/10

The Avengers 9/10

Spider-Man Homecoming 9/10

Really CBMs and especially MCU carried this decade as far as blockbusters, pretty much all my favorite blockbusters of the decade were CBMs.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Considering your taste in movies, I am really surprised by GOTG2 at top. 

It's a messy film and the jokes don't always land but the last 15 minutes is the most emotional in a superhero movie this decade and I loved the way it deals with its extremely flawed characters (pretty reminiscent of how The Avengers did it). Also easily the best looking MCU film.  

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

Top CBMs Of The Decade:

1. Captain America: The Winter Solider
  2. Avengers: Endgame
  3. Avengers: Infinity War
  4. Black Panther
  5. Captain Marvel
  6. Captain America: The First Avenger
  7. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse
  8. Thor: Ragnarok
  9. Logan
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
  11. Wonder Woman
  12. Kick-Ass
  13. Guardians of the Galaxy
  14. Captain America: Civil War
  15. Marvel’s The Avengers
  16. Iron Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's a messy film and the jokes don't always land but the last 15 minutes is the most emotional in a superhero movie this decade and I loved the way it deals with its extremely flawed characters (pretty reminiscent of how The Avengers did it). Also easily the best looking MCU film.  

wrong: 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

TOP CBM MOVIES OF THE DECADE

1. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (2018)

2. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

3. Dredd (2012)

4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

5. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

6. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

7. Kick-Ass (2010)

8. Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)

9. Deadpool (2016)

10. Big Hero 6 (2014)

I just took stuff from this decade from the list I sent in for the BOT top CBM of all time countdown. 2014 seems like a standout year.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

The definitive top 10 list of best comic book movies of the decade:

1. Batman v Superman

2. Wonder Woman

3. Man Of Steel

4. X-Men Days Of Future Past

5. The Dark Knight Rises

6. Kick-Ass

7. The Avengers

8. Ant-Man and the Wasp

9. Joker

10. Logan

Honorable mentions:

- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

- Deadpool 2

- Dark Phoenix

- Alita: Battle Angel

- X-Men First Class

Top 3 worst of the decade:

1. Thor Ragnarok

2. Aquaman

3. Justice League

• Haha 6
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

BUT

Phillips uses the DC Brand, the Joker brand and the financial power of one of the biggest media company in the world for his movie.

That level of cynicism revulses me.

It is true that the "batman lore" surrounding that movie was completely superfluous, it could have been about any clown going mad. I doubt Philips or Joaquin care much about this universe and just thought it could be fun (and much more profitable) to do their riff on that iconic character. I really wonder how much that movie would have grossed, just literally the same movie but change the name of the city and the main character. I think it's silly how anything superhero related gets automatic gigantic buzz, but it's the times we live in.

Edited by Alexdube