Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Aliens is nowhere near as good now. Watched it recently, meh

It's probably one of the best action films out there and I have a hard time finding someone who can balance horror and action as well as Cameron did with this movie. Personally, it's my second favourite action film of all time (Mad Max Fury Road is my first, True Lies is my third).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TMP said:

Yeah, Dark Knight rules. Still the best superhero movie. It's just... not on the level of T2

T2 and Dark Knight are both excellent. Dark Knight has better performances. T2 has slightly better action. But, TDK also has great action. Both films are really good, and I feel on a similar level. The Dark Knight is still the best comic book movie, and I doubt we will ever see a CBM as good as it.

• Thanks 1

"The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie ever."

A movie that spends most of its time shouting at you :

"this is not a comic book movie."

Let me translate this famous sentence to you :

" Comic book movies are generally childish tripe/hogwash but that Michael Man remake was SO SO good.

Best Michael Mann Remake Evah !"

Being condescendant gives you that dopamine rush I ll tell ya !

Ask Martin S and Francis FP !

And Todd of course.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's probably one of the best action films out there and I have a hard time finding someone who can balance horror and action as well as Cameron did with this movie. Personally, it's my second favourite action film of all time (Mad Max Fury Road is my first, True Lies is my third).

not as action heavy as those films but I Saw The Devil had a cool balance of horror and action. Although it's more on the violent side (as it's a S.Korean thriller)

3 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

What's everyone's favourite and least favourite cbm of 2019?

My favourite is Joker. Least, even though I'm a hardcore spider-man fan, is Far from Home.

favorite spiderman far from home, ,least favorite dark phoenix

47 minutes ago, TMP said:

Obama loves Watchmen

obama said fuck marvel he rides w/ scorsese.

(also i can use this to fyc Ash is Purest White and Transit in the list/awards threads. both wonderful films i wish more people had seen)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Two Scorsese projects there since he produced The Souvenir.

I wonder what'd be on Trump's list. Joker, Jojo Rabbit, Rambo Last Blood?

On 12/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, lorddemaxus said:

It was cool 25 years ago now meh. I dislike action horror. Fury road was decent, bad on rewatch.

• Disbelief 1

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

(also i can use this to fyc Ash is Purest White and Transit in the list/awards threads. both wonderful films i wish more people had seen)

China had plenty of great options to submit for this year's Oscars which could've benefited from more exposure, like Ash is Purest White and Long Day's Journey into Night which were fantastic. but they had to go and submit another blockbuster :ph34r: 

the final shot of Ash is Purest White is so haunting. 

they also had An Elephant Sitting Still and So Long ,My Son which I heard were great but I haven't got around to yet. (the former sounds a tad too depressing for my taste tho).