Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Here's an idea: Ben Affleck wakes up at the beginning of Matt Reeve's The Batman and realizes Joss Whedon's Justice League was only a dream. And then he discovers he has an incurable disease. He talks to Alfred and remembers one of his young adventures featuring Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing) and that's the rest of the movie, a flashback (it seems to be what Reeves is doing). At the end Bruce dies, and Dick Grayson becomes Batman.

This way they can keep the current timeline with the upcoming Wonder Woman and Aquaman films, and have Batman and Superman still dead. (Erase all evidence of Joss Whedon's Justice League from those movies and Shazam).

I'd say keeping Man of Steel and Wonder Woman canon and ignoring the rest of the films would be the way to go. Throw a bone to Snyder fans but at the same time allow yourself room to make a new universe

12 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Kids weren't gay 50 years ago, per this fucking guy.

Sure, though 50 years ago, except for Illinois (1962) same sex sexual relations were criminalized in the U.S.   Other states followed in in decriminalizing it but mostly in the 70s with quite a few straggling until the 1990s and beyond.  Homosexuality wasn't nationally decriminalized in the U.S. until fucking 2003 in the Lawrence v Texas Supreme Court ruling.

The Comics Code Authority effectively banned any mention of homosexuality until around 1990 under it's morals/deviant sexuality clauses.

X-Men's Northstar was created as gay in 1979 but John Byrne couldn't outright say he was until 1992.  Until then he was confined to hinting and implications.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately for him, Cavill will disappear from movies like former superman Brandon Routh. rememba him? even tho he was not that terrible in MI-F, he doesn't poses talent or charisma to make a career

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dX airdry zid said:

the gays could have always been introduced in Marvel as the villains.

They could have had that Dallas Buyers Club stereotype where it is assumed gays are born with diseases and STDS

You need to get laid. Maybe it'll release some of the pent up anger you have.

32 minutes ago, Alli said:

Cavill will disappear from movies like former superman Brandon Routh. rememba him?

You mean the guy who is on the long-running successful TV show Legends of Tomorrow, and is basically set for life with Con Appearances because of his Geek Cred?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

Kids weren't gay 50 years ago, per this fucking guy.

kind of missesd the point as well, it wasn't about gay characters, it was about gay actors.

Although I do think that, in general, whilst gay characters may be under represented in the movies, I don't think gay actors are.

Just a casual perception though.

7 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

You mean the guy who is on the long-running successful TV show Legends of Tomorrow, and is basically set for life with Con Appearances because of his Geek Cred?  

i've never heard of that show and tv shows don't count. his career in movies released at the movie theater is non existent.

i'm pretty sure cavill was angling for a long movie career. he didn't capitalize on his role of superman mainly because the movies were terrible and he himself didn't impress people in them

Edited by Alli

Not sure what Kit is asking for re: casting gay actors cause there are many actors who as of yet or until very recently were not out. That's a decision each person makes on their own based on their own comfort level. In some cases it's basically an open secret among the film community. 

For openly gay actors who could fit the superhero mold, we currently have Matt Bomer, Jonathan Groff and Luke Evans I guess?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

For openly gay actors who could fit the superhero mold, we currently have Matt Bomer, Jonathan Groff and Luke Evans I guess?

Sometime it could be unexpected a bit like Ian McKellen playing Magneto.

A Jim Parsons could happen for a certain type of SH ?

Kate Beckinsale about the Joss Whedon Wonder Woman movie:

Is it true that at one point you were going to play Wonder Woman?

Yes, there was a period of time, a long time ago, when [producer] Joel Silver was involved with it. But it worked out beautifully. That was a wonderful film that Gal [Gadot] did.

Do you regret not getting a chance to play that character?

No. It would have been a terrible movie based on the script that I read.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/kate-beckinsale-farming-wonder-woman-underworld-1202938533/

jjj-laugh.pngjjj-laugh.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1