Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

giphy.gifWARNING, WARNING! giphy.gif

First Disney shill excuse, very weak please ignore

Fine then refute my points about the actual video rather then conjecture and jumping to the conclusion which you want it to have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Now here's an interesting fanwar question.

Which film is better.

Marvels best.

Or

Jim's worst.

For me it's tight between Iron Man and True Lies

Not for me. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Fine then refute my points about the actual video rather then conjecture and jumping to the conclusion which you want it to have.

point not found, help me out here what exactly is it?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Guys, why criticize the Disney overlords when the Avatar movies are gonna be under their reign as well? Don't you want them to have shills shilling for them too? :ph34r:

Avatar 2 just needs fair reviews and nothing more.

Disney is against JIm not with him, they will try to control him when he knows far better.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Avatar 2 just needs fair reviews and nothing more.

Disney is against JIm not with him, they will try to control him when he knows far better.

Actually when working on Avatar for Animal Kingdom, Disney bent to Jim a lot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Figured you'd say that. 

Everyone in our industry occasionally has to play softball, occasionally has to you know look the other way a bit, everyone has to do it.

In the sense that you know… I hate the movie but I won’t say I hated the movie, or an actor behaved a certain way you, you don’t want to put it out there that that happened.

To some degree everybody in our industry that is part of this quote on quote access media, has to sort of decide which battles they want to pick.

-RT CRITIC

Now what exactly were you trying to say after listening to this, that he didn't explicity say he gave CM a good review? I don't even know what your point was. Whatever it was I'm sure you're missing the actually point.

The actual point is that critics that are part of the access media have to sometimes give fake reviews.

Which is something I'm sure you called a conspiracy, so forgive me if I be obnoxious to you but don't you think calling something so obvious a conspiracy is a little obnoxious?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Everyone in our industry occasionally has to play softball, occasionally has to you know look the other way a bit, everyone has to do it.

In the sense that you know… I hate the movie but I won’t say I hated the movie, or an actor behaved a certain way you, you don’t want to put it out there that that happened.

To some degree everybody in our industry that is part of this quote on quote access media, has to sort of decide which battles they want to pick.

-RT CRITIC

Know what exactly were you trying to say after listening to this, that he didn't explicity say he gave CM a good review? I don't even know what your point was. Whatever it was I'm sure you're missing the actually point.

The actual point is that critics that are part of the access media have to sometimes give fake reviews.

Which is something I'm sure you called a conspiracy, so forgive me if I be obnoxious to you but don't you think calling something so obvious a conspiracy is a little obnoxious?

He never says anything about giving any movie a good review, just that he'll sometimes not be brutal in his twitter reaction. Also he's not really in the critic side of things, he's in the 'access' media which is film journalism. That's why a lot of people don't trust journos compared to critics. Again, he never mentions anything about reviews.

"I hate the movie but I won’t say I hated the movie" Is all he says.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Actually when working on Avatar for Animal Kingdom, Disney bent to Jim a lot.

You think Disney haven't got their legal team working out the way they can make the most money from Avatar 2 & 3? When something like a merger happens contracts don't stay 100% the same, they're subject to neogiations.

You think Disney haven't got their legal team working out the way they can make the most money from Avatar 2 & 3? When something like a merger happens contracts don't stay 100% the same, they're subject to neogiations.

I don't see why they would intentionally want to piss off one of the most iconic and well known directors, especially one they've already worked with closely.

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

He never says anything about giving any movie a good review, just that he'll sometimes not be brutal in his twitter reaction. Also he's not really in the critic side of things, he's in the 'access' media which is film journalism. That's why a lot of people don't trust journos compared to critics. Again, he never mentions anything about reviews.

"I hate the movie but I won’t say I hated the movie" Is all he says.

That can be the difference between giving something a fresh review and a rotten review.

Also a definite difference in score.

No one trusts the film journalists? Well why are they apart the RT reviewers then?

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

I don't see why they would intentionally want to piss off one of the most iconic and well known directors, especially one they've already worked with closely.

to get more money Mulder, why else?

They'll be walking a tight rope to see how much they can squeeze out of him without losing 4&5.

That can be the difference between giving something a fresh review and a rotten review.

Also a definite difference in score.

No one trusts the film journalists? Well why are they apart the RT reviewers then?

The same reason Jeremy Jahns and Grace Randolph are. RT's standards for who they accept aren't tight, it's why a lot of people prefer to use the Top Critics score rather then the general score. Also the way I interpreted what he said, he meant to not give it a scathing twitter reaction, like how a lot of people didn't give Wrinkle In Time scathing reactions on twitter (Something Jordan Vogt-Roberts got mad about) but it still ended up rotten on RT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

They'll be walking a tight rope to see how much they can squeeze out of him without losing 4&5.

I highly doubt they’ll interfere with Cameron. Besides if Cameron never wanted to work with Disney, he could’ve said no to them doing an theme park exhibition and give it to Universal Studios.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't really think they need to string money from Cameron especially when Cameron's one of the most outspoken people in Hollywood who would instantly make it known they're doing that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

In an acquisition like this I would fully expect them to sit down and broach the topic of a potential renegotiation with someone of Cameron's stature when there is as much on the line as there is with the Avatar franchise.  There may be changes that both parties would consider mutually beneficial that couldn't be reached when Fox was sitting on the other side of the table.  It's not simply a matter of the bean counters and lawyers trying to wring a little more blood out of the existing deal.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 4