Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

14 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Look at the TFA legs thing this way: It made $688m after OW. That doesn't scream bad legs to me.

You essentially have to grade multis on a curve. A 2.7x multi for a movie that opened to $100m is better (IMO) than a $20m opener getting a 3x.

What about a 30m opener getting a 20x? :ph34r: 

• Like 3

• Community Manager
52 minutes ago, langer said:

First bold part shows some Kalogical thinking.  Second part is a nice use of the strawman fallacy. 

Kalogical thinking is making a club predicting the movie would open to $300 million. I didn't join that club. Anyways, I was right. It didn't perform like a typical December release at all. It opened like a summer movie, it 100% dominated the holiday season, only to see a sharp fall in the new year. If it hadn't taken that fall, it's multipler would have been higher. It's one of the most amazing runs in history and part of that is how it was it's own beast independent of its status as a December movie.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So there's a chance SS have a better multiple than Civil War? Who would've thought SS would end up being more well-liked than that movie? Wow

Inb4 BKB post about OW, DOM ,WW gross as well as a bunch of GIF of sad Batfleck

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So there's a chance SS have a better multiple than Civil War? Who would've thought SS would end up being more well-liked than that movie? Wow

Um LOL. How is it more well liked? You can't tell that by a .2% difference in multiplier.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Kalogical thinking is making a club predicting the movie would open to $300 million. I didn't join that club. Anyways, I was right. It didn't perform like a typical December release at all. It opened like a summer movie, it 100% dominated the holiday season, only to see a sharp fall in the new year. If it hadn't taken that fall, it's multipler would have been higher. It's one of the most amazing runs in history and part of that is how it was it's own beast independent of its status as a December movie.

I wonder if it has to do with TFA being released in December...  All movies fall after New Year...it's not SW-specific. 

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

How could it be more well like than Civil War when CW made over 400 million and SS has barely made 300 mil. Even if SS made 330 mil at the end of its run, that's still 70 mil behind. That's average out to about 3.5 million ticket (if it cost $20 a ticket).

I don't see the math behind that.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, langer said:

I wonder if it has to do with TFA being released in December...  All movies fall after New Year...it's not SW-specific. 

No its not SW-specific to fall. It was a steeper drop than people were expeciting though.

8 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Um LOL. How is it more well liked? You can't tell that by a .2% difference in multiplier.

According to some members logic, a movie's multiplier is the one and only indication if the movie is liked or not. Then Suicide Squad is being more liked than Civil War. And both are less loved than 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

• Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

According to some members logic, a movie's multiplier is the one and only indication if the movie is liked or not. Then Suicide Squad is being more liked than Civil War. And both are less loved than 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Who is that in your Avi?

15 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Civil War didn't meet its expected OW potential, and had a poor multiplier.

Suicide Squad had a breakout OW, and had a better multiplier.

13 minutes ago, nthanh61 said:

How could it be more well like than Civil War when CW made over 400 million and SS has barely made 300 mil. Even if SS made 330 mil at the end of its run, that's still 70 mil behind. That's average out to about 3.5 million ticket (if it cost $20 a ticket).

I don't see the math behind that.

So you're of the mind that the more money a movie makes, the more well liked it is. Got it.

30 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I'm not seeing a connection between the plot and who a person is sleeping with.

Captain America has spent three movies chasing around Bucky in the most homoerotic way imaginable. To paraphrase Legend Watanabe, let them fuck.

• Like 2