Elessar

TFA will drop over 50% next weekend

On December 21, 2015 at 7:44:26 AM, GiantCALBears said:

I'm in too but cautious. The 26th is as big as Christmas or close to it when it's on a Saturday. This is going to be a huge 2nd weekend.

On 2nd thought, I'm out. I need to keep reminding myself it's frickin Star Wars. Done under predicting this ESP with that lethal Xmas Friday, Boxing Day Saturday combo.

• Like 2

Out. The Force will not be denied.

My prior, misinformed opinion: (In. Makes me sad to be In, but there's just no getting around that huge preview number. But a 52% decrease is still a huge win. Heck, DH2 barely made more in its second weekend than it did in midnight previews.)

Edit - I just saw the Monday actual. Holy crap. It more than doubled DH2's Monday? Sure, Winter Break is now here for the kids so the December vs July thing is no longer an issue. Instead of good to the point of bending space and time its merely outrageously good. So, I'm reversing my prior "In" to an "Out".

Edited by Wrath

18 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Lol, tracking has this at 160M next weekend. For them to track that high it's gotta be making at least 140M if not 150M.

Sure. Why shouldn't TFA's 2nd weekend be the 7th largest weekend of all time?

Edited by Wrath