grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I doubt this is reason. Vin was like this 5 films ago with him. It has to be another reason. Considering they are close I'll say Vin probably wanted something in the film that Lin said no to.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Isn't the last thing he directed that Sacha Baron Cohen Grimsby bomb? A gig like this is probably the easiest way of getting out of director jail.

He has been directing episodes of Lupin and directed the entire Dark Crystal show.

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

He will quit after a month dealing with THE DIESEL.

He is there to be the ultimate yes-man to Diesel. Jumping in to complete a movie someone else has already scoped out with no prep-time for yourself means he likely isn't expecting to have that much control anyway.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

He is there to be the ultimate yes-man to Diesel. Jumping in to complete a movie someone else has already scoped out with no prep-time for yourself means he likely isn't expecting to have that much control anyway.

This is gonna be such a shitshow lmao.

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

I doubt this is reason. Vin was like this 5 films ago with him. It has to be another reason. Considering they are close I'll say Vin probably wanted something in the film that Lin said no to.

He was complaining on his IG prior to Lin leaving about an unfinished script and having to fight to get Mia in the film as she was not originally in X. That plus everyone has their breaking point regardless of how many past entries he's done.

31 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

He was complaining on his IG prior to Lin leaving about an unfinished script and having to fight to get Mia in the film as she was not originally in X. That plus everyone has their breaking point regardless of how many past entries he's done.

Mia made no sense in F9 either. If Cena didn't mention it in dialogue, we would have forgotten that she's supposed to be the sister of Diesel and Cena.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Haven't heard that name in forever.

Hey, he was the best they could get at such short notice. They can't keep flushing a Million dollars a day down the tube. I could think of some worse choices..like bringing McG out of obsucrity.

He is what I suspected they would end up with a journeyman action director who is not a big name,and will not create any more problems, and hopefully can get along with Diesal.

If it's true the Diesel is not showing up prepared for the day's work, I have lost what littler respect I had for him. That is expected of the biggest star, that you ahow up ready to work with your lines memorized. That is being a professinal, and I pretty damn big on being a professional.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

This is gonna be such a shitshow lmao.

A guy who cannot , if that story is true, be bothered to know his lines being the main force behnd a film does not fill one with confidence.

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Really? The guy behind Clash of the Titans? That's the best you could come up with for your big tentpole? I'd rather them delay it and find a real director.

It's costing them one million a day while the cast and crew stand idle. They can't afford any more delays.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

That's what I'm saying. It's has to be something beside Vin being Vin. What you mentioned can be it.