grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Again, just get Vin Disel to direct. What do they have to lose at this point? He’s apparently calling the shots anyway. 

Money. Disel has never directed a big budget film, in fact, Ithink he has only made a short film, and giving a novice director a huge, technically demanding fillm is very risky. A surefire recipie for going way overbudget. He won't get the directing gig, although I  am sure who they get i will be somebody who will pretty do what Disel wants.

Edited by dudalb

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

M

Double post.

At thia point, with everyday they are not filming costing them money , it's a case of not who they really want but who can they get.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I keep thinking that Brie Larson did something weird and Goop-like, but turns out she's just into crypto scams.

i'm actually surprised she's the only one in the cast pushing that stuff but i'm also pretty confident tyrese has lost like 80% of his net worth investing in some obvious scam shitcoin called morbius bucks or whatever the fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Again, just get Vin Disel to direct. What do they have to lose at this point? He’s apparently calling the shots anyway. 

apparently he can't officially direct because of DGA rules but that doesn't mean he can't get some puppet as director while he calls all the shots. M. Night Shyamalan available?

this is the most incredible franchise. I'm not saying anything that hasn't already, but a hit first film, a near franchise killing 3rd film with none of the stars, a reboot that outgrosses the entire franchise, reverted from near DTV purgatory. 10 years later, it's a billion dollar enterprise with Vin's ego off the charts

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Dwayne Johnson howling from CinemaCon upon seeing this news. I assume this will be put on hold and be removed from its current date as they find a new director.

This will all be settled a lot sooner than you think.  Universal is determined to keep it on next May. 

It may be a glorious mess, but I think the date is going to stick.  

And no, Vin can't [officially] take over directing duties mid-production per DGA rules:

"No person already assigned to the motion picture may replace [the previous Director]."

Edited by Macleod

5 minutes ago, Macleod said:

This will all be settled a lot sooner than you think.  Universal is determined to keep it on next May. 

It may be a glorious mess, but I think it's going to stick.  

Let's be real: a year is simply not enough post production time for a major blockbuster like this. Even if Universal wanted to keep it in May 2023, VFX crunch would cause it to get delayed anyway. I'm sure Marvel will be pleased to know that Guardians 3's biggest competition won't be much of an issue anymore.

Anyway, I'm really curious what happens to their two-part finale plan now. Do they still go through with that, or do they decide to rework this movie to be the final chapter instead?

14 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Let's be real: a year is simply not enough post production time for a major blockbuster like this. Even if Universal wanted to keep it in May 2023, VFX crunch would cause it to get delayed anyway. I'm sure Marvel will be pleased to know that Guardians 3's biggest competition won't be much of an issue anymore.

Anyway, I'm really curious what happens to their two-part finale plan now. Do they still go through with that, or do they decide to rework this movie to be the final chapter instead?

They've stopped talking about it as a two-parter a long time ago.  I'm convinced it's only one; this will be it.  

I still do not really regret stopping with these films after Furious 7. That film works as good as an ending as Fast Five did. And honestly, Fast 8 and 9 dont really look all that appealing to me. 

Btw, Fast Five is a great fucking movie.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

This franchise is Vinnie D's baby, it doesn't matter who's directing. Honestly with Lin returning I expected F9 to be good but it was worse than F8 at times.

At times? The entire film was worse if you ask me. Watch Fast Five and F9 back to back and they’re almost as far removed from each other as The Fast & The Furious and Fast Five were, but instead of fun OTT action that felt relatively grounded you get nonsensical CGI car chases through CGI jungles and flying cars. I actually turned F9 off half way through. I don’t blame Lin for wanting out given the direction they’re heading.

The fact that Vin Diesel thinks this is some grand cinematic saga for the ages will never not be hilarious to me.

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

The fact that Vin Diesel thinks this is some grand cinematic saga for the ages will never not be hilarious to me.

You see its about the themes. This saga has meaningfull things to say about family and ...

... and cars ... ?

Yeah mainly FAMILY.

• Haha 1