grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I doubt the Academy will be able to sit through a Josephine Decker film and I think her roles in Next Goal Wins and The French Dispatch are small. 

She was the second actor cast in NGW

Reading some of the older posts about this movie, there is definitely nothing generic about the film. It is high on suspense, high on thrills and hi on spookiness LOL. I think Lee whannell has done one hell of a job with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, baumer said:

Reading some of the older posts about this movie, there is definitely nothing generic about the film. It is high on suspense, high on thrills and hi on spookiness LOL. I think Lee whannell has done one hell of a job with this.

I really liked it, but there's something holding it back from being GREAT. I can't put my finger on it. 

9 hours ago, La Binoche said:

I really liked it, but there's something holding it back from being GREAT. I can't put my finger on it. 

I'd say that the cop and his daughter were completely useless and basically there so that Cecilia could offer to pay for the daughter's college and then save them from Todd which is hilarious cause the cop should have been better at protecting himself and others. Other than that, everything worked. OK, maybe the nasty email was a bit too convenient way to temporarily put the sisters at odds but then we got the restaurant payoff so all forgiven. so I'd say, it's the cop family that shouldn't be there. I felt the same about Logan and that farmer's family. There's something about characters, that are inserted into the story just to show how capable the hero/heroine is, that always feels forced and out of place. But yeah, very minor gripe in this case.

12 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Why does this thing have such good reviews?

It looks like shit - and I don't have to watch it or even go near it, to know it most probably is.

Why don't you just give it a chance?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baumer said:

Why don't you just give it a chance?  

Yeah, makes sense - but I hate a cheap horror movie (with no sci-fi or CGI in it).

As you all know, I watch almost everything in cinemas - except cheap horror and romantic movies. Such films can not give me anything, because they (ab)use feelings the Shay is impervious to: fear and loneliness. But I get why the GA eats such movies up - though it pains me.

I read the plot in Wiki though - to give it a chance - and it's not that bad by itself. But I don't like that it tries to cash on a classic - turning it into the usual androphobic diverse #MeToo hogwash.

Also, the main character looks ugly. I can't sympathize with her. Many people I know, who like every horror, said she can't act - and the movie is ridiculous, fake and unbelievable. I would rather believe them, or anyone - than the notorious RT shills.**

**Many of whom just shat on the latest Ritchie film - for no other reason than being "racist", lol.

Edited by shayhiri
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Many people I know, who like every horror, said she can't act - and the movie is ridiculous, fake and unbelievable. I would rather believe them, or anyone - than the notorious RT shills.

Actually, Moss elevates the movie. The film is not bad at all, but Moss' acting is way too good for it. She's a fantastic actress. Her acting is too good for the horror genre

Edited by Maggie

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Actually, Moss elevates the movie. The film is not bad at all, but Moss' acting is way too good for it. She's a fantastic actress. Her acting is too good for the horror genre

Yeah, I read that. Most critics say that. Very, very strange. Totally different from what I heard from a slice of the GA.

OK, I might have to torrent the movie - just to check myself if she's good or not.

20 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Also, the main character looks ugly. I can't sympathize with her. Many people I know, who like every horror, said she can't act

You probably need a look in the mirror before you say Elisabeth Moss looks ugly (she isn't really beautiful but she's definitely not ugly and probably better looking than you).

Also, the movie is sci-fi.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Elisabeth Moss has been a fantastic actress for decades now. Anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn’t seen her standout roles in the likes of The West Wing, Mad Men or The Handmaids Tale (for which she’s won multiple acting awards). Even her relatively brief appearance in Us was memorable, and make no mistake, she delivers an absolutely brilliant performance in The Invisible Man, where for the most part she’s acting without any scene partners to bounce off. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Elisabeth Moss has been a fantastic actress for decades now. Anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn’t seen her standout roles in the likes of The West Wing, Mad Men or The Handmaids Tale (for which she’s won multiple acting awards). Even her relatively brief appearance in Us was memorable, and make no mistake, she delivers an absolutely brilliant performance in The Invisible Man, where for the most part she’s acting without any scene partners to bounce off. 

OK, OK. I believe that. I saw the trailer - and even in such short time it is evident she is great.

Hmm, I knew it - I shouldn't have believed what these people said. I don't believe them anyway - but this time I hadn't even seen a proper trailer, got confused with another upcoming movie that looked bad.

I might have even seen the movie (it's in IMAX now!), because the trailer looks good and there are some visuals and suspense in it. Too bad I already read the whole plot on Wiki. 😕 Stupid Shay; fell for fake news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1