baumer

Tuesday Numbers (DP) 11.6 RTH

Who would've thunk about a week ago that the $65M, which a bunch of people predicted would be the 3-day, possibly 4-day OW for Deadpool, would wind up being a realistic 2nd weekend ~50% drop? Madness.

Amazing number for a normal Tuesday. Now if Wednesday performs w/10M too... that will be the point of no more words w/the power to describe how insane this whole thing is.

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I've been gleefully enjoying the excessive hand-wringing about kids seeing this. It's fantastic.

Very impressive number. 

Wrathette #1 reported that, yes, she was mildly traumatized, but the movie was so awesome it was worth the future therapy bills.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

I was part of Tuesday's total, finally saw it last night.

Small crowd in the 450 seater. 

When I walked up the display light was out and I asked the counter clerk if the light being off mean it was sold out. She said no, they turn the light off once the 20min pre-preview commercial material airs and that there were still 386 seats left.

17 minutes ago, narniadis said:

1.9 for KFP3 according to deadline... the holds yesterday were great apparently

I wonder if the great holds on other movies were from people getting tickets to sneak into Deadpool ?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MJL said:

I wonder if the great holds on other movies were from people getting tickets to sneak into Deadpool ?

That's another insane thing about this performance...the grosses are not truly representative of its actual popularity(butts in seats). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

I've been gleefully enjoying the excessive hand-wringing about kids seeing this. It's fantastic.

Very impressive number. 

After seeing it, it wasnt as graphic as I thought. Parental reviews make it sound like much more. Kids still no, but I'd probably let my 14 year old see it. Especially if im already letting him play GTA5 and COD.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jandrew said:

After seeing it, it wasnt as graphic as I thought. Parental reviews make it sound like much more. Kids still no, but I'd probably let my 14 year old see it. Especially if im already letting him play GTA5 and COD.

What else is new :lol: But yeah, I'd say the movie is appropriate for any mentally stable teen, maybe tweens depending how mature they are. 

29 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I didn't think it was graphic or gruesome at all, in fact other than a couple of moments on the highway scene, and some of the scene with the experiment, I can't recall any other blood or anything.

I don't think the film is outrageous, rude, offensive or anything else that people seem to be suggesting.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wrath said:

As long as you go with a parent its fine. Wrathette #1 is 12 and we saw it together on Thursday. No one batted an eye.

Someone brought a little girl of about 4 to my showing.   Predictably she started making a LOT of noise by the end of the movie.   The parents made no effort to take her out of the theater.   I started to get angry until I realized the movie was so loud it didn't matter (I was far away from them) and that the parents were the ones getting the movie ruined for them more than anyone else.

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Still can't believe this is beating all the X men films in gross and attendance 

Do you mean just yesterday or overall? X3 adjusted is ahead by about 9m(according to BOM).

• Like 1