CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Q: What should BvS do over this weekend that would consider it a success?  $170 million?

I think BvS will do fine in week #1, it's week #2 that will be worrisome (but I'm too lazy to check what movies are out that week too).

Weekend 2 and weekend 3 are dead as far as new releases are concerned.

6 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Looks like TDK is going to remain the Batman king for a good while. And holy shit its OW adjusts now to $191 and no 3D. I cant even see the unadjusted $533 total coming down. What a monster that thing was.

Not to mention there were fewer than 100 IMAX sites at the time and pretty much no PLF. There are now 390 IMAX screens and 470 PLF screens.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

How the hell are you guys saying that this is going to be more front-loaded than Age of Ultron? That was a movie that was coming off the biggest opening weekend of all time. Your logic is completely f***** up. I don't understand you guys anymore. It's like there's a collective Mafia mass of mob like attitude here that as soon as someone doesn't like something everybody else has to pile on it. I seriously don't get this site sometimes. I came for the number I was looking for I'm out of here. I'll check back in to see the Friday numbers but I'm not talking to you doofuses anymore this weekend lol enjoy the Bloodbath.

To be fair

1.Age Of Ultron did not have the largest weekend of all time.

2.DC Movies in general have been more frontloaded, but it's also true there aren't as many examples.

3.BvS is coming off an inflated Easter Weekend.

4.While we can't tell WOM for sure, so far the indication is it'll be on par or worse than MoS' WoM.

5.MoS also came off an inflated weekend and had a 2.45ishx multiplier.  With mixed to poor reception, a very large profile sequel, a "team up" movie and it being a fan-centric movie the norm would be for it to have a lower multiplier than that.

You're a great predictor Baumer, but I don't think people assuming a bad multiplier is mob-mentality.  With the information we currently have available, it makes sense.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Why isn't im3 being mentioned here at all that fell 30 percent on Sunday and had much smaller preview numbers yet still did 174

IM3 had one of the most impressive saturday performances in recent memory in terms of percentages.

It's still top 5 saturday lol

It did 68 Friday and then 62 saturday bro.

When did that ever happen recently 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Even TDKr adjusted looks tough to beat at this point.

Weekend or total? Weekend adjusts with inflation to $180m without 3D and probably around $200m with 3D. Total is already $448m without any adjustment. I give BvS movie very little chance to hit $400m, never mind getting close to $450m...and forget about the non-3D inflation total of $500m.

2 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

To be fair

1.Age Of Ultron did not have the largest weekend of all time.

2.DC Movies in general have been more frontloaded, but it's also true there aren't as many examples.

3.BvS is coming off an inflated Easter Weekend.

4.While we can't tell WOM for sure, so far the indication is it'll be on par or worse than MoS' WoM.

5.MoS also came off an inflated weekend and had a 2.45ishx multiplier.  With mixed to poor reception, a very large profile sequel, a "team up" movie and it being a fan-centric movie the norm would be for it to have a lower multiplier than that.

You're a great predictor Baumer, but I don't think people assuming a bad multiplier is mob-mentality.  With the information we currently have available, it makes sense.

Baumer doesn't say it did on his post.

Remember people, a few had this under Deadpool for the weekend (I really dont know how exactly). And some were calling for less than $15 million in previews.

How one simple number changes things.

I'm not surprised if this explodes tonight and have finish with a very strong weekend.

9 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Completely fair. Another number to consider is Furious 7's 2.39 multiplier, which I would expect this to have a higher rush factor, as evidenced by the nearly double preview. So your 2.25-2.35 range is likely to be on the money.

It'll certainly to be interesting see how the next few weeks go; it's got easy going for weekends 2 and 3, but I'm fully expecting Jungle Book to be a monster.

I think Furious 7 is the best comparison, only Id assume BvS to be a bit more frontloaded.

1.April is dead but less dead than last year

2.Furious 7 had great WoM, it doesn't look like BvS will

3.BvS has a slightly higher rush factor to it.

it's not a great number. I am sorry. Considering Good Friday and earlier showtimes it should have been higher. For any other film this number would be great but for a movie like this that features Superman and Batman together for the first time, it should be destroying. 

• Like 3