CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The downbeat notices could still take a toll. The business that “Dawn of Justice” does over the next few weeks when it has the field largely to itself will be telling. But there are some positive signs.

“Fandango tells us that the repeat business has already been significant,” said Goldstein, “so we think the word of mouth will be just fine.”

http://www.thewrap.com/batman-v-superman-who-was-right-critics-or-paying-public/

Nice.

• Like 1

I'm sure its been noted repeatedly already ... but (sarcastic) round of applause to WB for giving that nice round $170.1 mil estimate they know is not going to hold up.  

"Just call it $170, its close enough.  Nobody will notice when it drops down to $167 on Monday"

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Here's what we know for sure.

BvS opened to 75% or more of MoS's FINAL total in these markets:

- Mexico

- Brazil

- Russia

- Italy

- China

- Hong Kong

- India

- Most of Asia Pacific

A few other markets opened 60% or more of MoS's final total

- Spain

- Japan

- Philippines

- Scandinavia 

And every single market opened to way more than MoS's OW and most of them exceeded even TDKR's OW.

Keep in mind, all of this is in Dollars, not local currency.

I sincerely wish Snyder haters good luck trying to get him away from the DC movies.

KWh7ufl.gif

Hated the movie but the best I got beat comment...

This lady saw my hair and dress, immediately went "That's Bruce Wayne"

Even thought it's my crazy normal young grey hair and suit...but I hugged her and said thank you...

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Well, I drove by BKBs theater and they had closed it down because no one came to watch the movie this weekend unfortunately.

WB must be buying the tickets in bulk to save face for sure.

I work for Warner Bros. and I can tell you that we have never done such a thing.

• Like 1

Well, I drove by BKBs theater and they had closed it down because no one came to watch the movie this weekend unfortunately.

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I sincerely wish Snyder haters good luck trying to get him away from the DC movies.

KWh7ufl.gif

This is their face right now: :sadben: 

This is all a farse. The real WW is 4,24 bucks. Not 424M. Dat fudging. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

I'm sure its been noted repeatedly already ... but (sarcastic) round of applause to WB for giving that nice round $170.1 mil estimate they know is not going to hold up.  

"Just call it $170, its close enough.  Nobody will notice when it drops down to $167 on Monday"

Industry people will pay attention if it falls below HP8 simply because Time Warner won't be able to claim it was their biggest opening ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol why though? There was no doubting the open would be stronger OS & the US total most predicted $150-$200m? Doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

Lol, some people here (cough cough) put it in low 300s....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Did they have a help wanted sign outside?

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol why though? There was no doubting the open would be stronger OS & the US total most predicted $150-$200m? Doesn't seem unreasonable at all.

because they have to act like these numbers, that are great numbers, no doubt about it..  are something special.. the fact that the title of the movie was batman vs superman guaranteed these numbers

Industry projections was for a $300-350M opening worldwide if I remember correctly. But sure, let's pretend $424M was a sure thing and, in fact, it's actually very weak, it should have opened to $600M but damn this toxic WOM!!

If it makes your defeat less painful...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if there is a clause preventing WB from doing a Cursed Child film until say 2025 or 2026. 

They are most likely going to wait until DanRad is old enough. Besides, if Fantastic Beasts is a hit then Rowling will continue giving them riches for the next few years.

• Like 1