CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, Krissykins said:

It's a great number.

Dont know why people are saying $175m though, look at TDKR multiplier from midnights. Then Easter weekend multipliers are typically 2-2.15x. $140-160m. Unless it over performs the rest of the weekend. Such a good start. 

I don't think TDKR is a good comp -- it was the dead of summer and the shooting made Friday evening and Saturday fall off a cliff.

It's a pretty solid number. Not mind-blowing or out-of-this-world, but impressive nonetheless. Looks like LA over-performed slightly, compared to the rest of the country.

I also don't think it's gonna have the absolutely toxic legs some of you are advocating, but we'll see.

• Like 9

I think this is on track for 160 + for certain and on high end could track towards IM3.

I see 

83 million ( Good Friday boost 

50 million Saturday (83-27.6- 10% from Friday day business) 

39 Sunday -22%

172 million

I also see this as sort of a best case as well. 

• Like 5

Just now, Telemachos said:

I also don't think it's gonna have the absolutely toxic legs some of you are advocating, but we'll see.

It will not, it will be almost the exact same as MOS wom wise, I suspect, but without insane competition.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me how this is not a good number. You do realize the first Avengers opened up to 18 million in previews right? How is this anything but a good number? This means the opening weekend to go anywhere from 150 to 225 million. I think you guys were expecting way too much if you really think this is a bad number.

Marvel fans logic:

"If this doesn't do at least 25 million in previews, it's a flop"

*film does 27 million in previews*

"Bah! That is way too small a number for the hype! It's a flop!"

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It's a great number.

Dont know why people are saying $175m though, look at TDKR multiplier from midnights. Then Easter weekend multipliers are typically 2-2.15x. $140-160m. Unless it over performs the rest of the weekend. Such a good start. 

WTF?? You should never use TDKR as a comparison for front loading unless you expect tradgety to tinge the returns for BvS as well.... Stupid thinking seriously. 

And thats a fine number for preview 170 should happen

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

IMO you can't use TDKR as a comparison due to the shooting.

Without shooting, TDKR ends up around 175-180 for the weekend. Let's call it 177/30.6 = 5.78 multiplier from midnight. BvS 27.7 x 5.78 = $160m. CJohn is right. We're basically looking at a TDKR weekend total (160ish) and probably a Spidey 3 domestic total (335-340). 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, jj99 said:

Great numbers also for Greek wedding.

Or at least as good as can be expected. It's on route to make around $40-45M total, which is still one heck of a steep drop-off, but they really couldn't have expected much better when this would've fallen by more than 50% from the original even if it had come 2 years after the original instead of 14.

Let's say 27.7 makes up 35% of the total Friday gross? (Ultron's Thursday gross repesented 32.7% of the total Friday). That would give you 79 today and a true Friday of 51.3. Give it a 10% drop from the true Friday tomorrow, which gives you 46.2 on Saturday. A 25% drop on Sunday gives it 34.6 and a grand total of 159.8 million. I'm being very general with the Sat and Sun drops. It might hold a bit better, might hold worse. Bottom line is I'd say it's headed straight for 160.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think this is on track for 160 + for certain and on high end could track towards IM3.

I see 

83 million ( Good Friday boost 

50 million Saturday (83-27.6- 10% from Friday day business) 

39 Sunday -22%

172 million

I also see this as sort of a best case as well. 

I agree, generally. The real question is how big it can get today. I think Sunday's drop will be over 25%, so I think it needs to push 85m or more to go over 170m. But with a lot of expectation and the two famous characters, a partial holiday, and 4200+ theaters, it certainly has the potential to go over 55m for the day.

• Like 2

How the hell are you guys saying that this is going to be more front-loaded than Age of Ultron? That was a movie that was coming off the biggest opening weekend of all time. Your logic is completely f***** up. I don't understand you guys anymore. It's like there's a collective Mafia mass of mob like attitude here that as soon as someone doesn't like something everybody else has to pile on it. I seriously don't get this site sometimes. I came for the number I was looking for I'm out of here. I'll check back in to see the Friday numbers but I'm not talking to you doofuses anymore this weekend lol enjoy the Bloodbath.

• Like 4