kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Even if it had had the best reviews in the world, I never saw it making much more than $400 million anyway. 

I think it'll wind up around $365 million. Just see average legs after a huge opening and nothing very exciting to follow. 

Roll on Jungle Book

that's not average legs that all time awful legs average legs get it to 400

Just now, boomboom234 said:

Average is a relative word when we're talking super enormous openings

Disney’s Zootopia took second yesterday with an estimated $4.77M, taking its cume in its fourth week to $246.2M, while Gold Circle/Playtone/HBO’s My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 from Universal slotted third with $2.04M and a four-day cume of $19.9M.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chewy said:

yeah they're panicing. First attempt couldn't take the movie down, they gotta circle back. The critics can't let this movie win.

Wouldn't want to be them then.

Begun the critic wars have. :yoda:

59 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Easter Monday isn't across the board but it's widespread enough to make an impact on the dailies just as Discount Tues does even though it's not nationwide.  It's why we won't see a big jump on Tues tomorrow, just like we didn't see one for FF7.

Not entirely the reason. Mega openers tend to have a tougher time on their first Tuesday due to sellout spillover into Monday. Throw in the fact IMAX is not subject to discount prices for the most part and it amounts to either weaker Tuesday increase or even a Tuesday decrease, but also a stronger Wednesday hold. All evens out in the end, one way or the other.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Not entirely the reason. Mega openers tend to have a tougher time on their first Tuesday due to sellout spillover into Monday. Throw in the fact IMAX is not subject to discount prices for the most part and it amounts to either weaker Tuesday increase or even a Tuesday decrease, but also a stronger Wednesday hold. All evens out in the end, one way or the other.

Yup, looking at comparable movies everyone decreased between 2-10% on Tuesday. Furious 7 decreased 5.5% last year.

• Like 1

Why the controversy over Easter Monday? The movie's hold is good, holiday or not. It's looking like the movie will get to $400m, I don't see how that's a bad thing at all.

Easter is celebrated in most countries with large Christian populations. It's certainly not something new or special. Honestly, I'm surprised (really, really surprised) that the US doesn't mark Easter like other countries do.

Also, I'm stunned by the lack of decorum by "some" fans of this movie on the Internet. Some have gone out of their way to insult and harass people that didn't like BvS. I mean, the "Disney/Marvel conspiracy" is being floated around like its a real thing. People need to take control of themselves and realize that we all won't like the same things. There are plenty of movies that I love that people hate and movies that I hate that people love. Insulting and/or harassing people that disagree with your point of view or claiming that critics are on another's studio take is unbelievably petty.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Eastwood51 said:

Given there was a pretty good adjustment for the weekend estimates, I have to wonder if Monday's final numbers will also see a notable adjustment.

There are no noticeable adjustments to late estimates except for weekends since Sunday is not based on sales data but basically trying to predict the future.

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Look at all the other films on this Monday and how they drop very year.   Zootopia just did $4.77m less than a 25% drop from Sun , $1m higher than last Monday and higher than Holy Thur.  A significant portion of schools were out.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Look at all the other films on this Monday and how they drop very year.   Zootopia just did $4.77m less than a 25% drop from Sun , $1m higher than last Monday and higher than Holy Thur.  A significant portion of schools were out.

I believe that essentially proves out that argument as well. $4.8M is Zootopia's biggest Monday to date.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I guess I'm seeing this more like a Harry Potter movie. I expected it to be massively front loaded. 

I think it'll perform very much like Deathly Hallows Part 2 did.