kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

BvS vs FF7 dailies comparison

THU: 27.7 vs 15.8

FRI: 53.9 vs 51.6 (+4.4%)

SAT: 50.6 vs 46.6 (+8.8%)

SUN: 33.8 vs 33.1 (+2.0%)

MON: 15.0 vs 14.0 (+7%)

So BvS is running roughly 5% higher than FF7.... if it can maintain this lead till Sunday, it will be at 275M after 2nd weekend.

FF7 did further 101.5M after 2nd Sunday...... BvS should do around 100M (assuming slightly higher drops) for 375M finish.

Not great but not poor either. Average box office performance. Just like the movie was.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, stripe said:

I see!

Slightly better drop than FF7.

15 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Easter Monday and all, sure, but that's a good drop, not surprised to see even more negativity though. "NO ITS A MEH DROP, F THIS MOVIE ALL THE WAY"

It's a good drop for sure.

Only problem with the direct comparison is it's tough to know exactly how many schools are on spring break this week compared to the week after Easter last year.

37 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Watch Suicide Squad make more than BvS.

As much as I'd like that, Squad is coming off the heels of BvS which got pretty toxic WoM. Plus, I don't know if audiences are onboard with Leto's Joker or the movie's almost juggalo aesthetic. If trailer views are any indication, there's definitely high awareness for Squad though.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

As much as I'd like that, Squad is coming off the heels of BvS which got pretty toxic WoM. Plus, I don't know if audiences are onboard with Leto's Joker or the movie's almost juggalo aesthetic. If trailer views are any indication, there's definitely high awareness for Squad though.

I will say Suicide Squad has had some great trailers and marketing looks top notch so far, plus there might be a curiosity factor regarding Joker, Harley, Deadshot, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I will say Suicide Squad has had some great trailers and marketing looks top notch so far, plus there might be a curiosity factor regarding Joker, Harley, Deadshot, etc. 

While I personally think it looks great, I feel it might be another Fury Road financially (albeit with less critical acclaim) - where internet interest is far higher than actual audience interest. Plus I can't see the same family audience which goes to see Avengers or Iron Man watching "Suicide" Squad - so it won't be a four quadrant film like BvS; and I don't think it'll get the audience reaction of Deadpool to overcome that problem. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Leto's Joker is getting overwhelming praise for causal movie goers and will make the film huge. It already has more excitement than BvS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

While I personally think it looks great, I feel it might be another Fury Road financially (albeit with less critical acclaim) - where internet interest is far higher than actual audience interest. Plus I can't see the same family audience which goes to see Avengers or Iron Man watching "Suicide" Squad - so it won't be a four quadrant film like BvS; and I don't think it'll get the audience reaction of Deadpool to overcome that problem. 

Yep, lets start this again. I swear people said the same thing about Deadpool. 

This isn't fury Road, this is a popular comic book story with well known characters, its not a sequel no-one asked for from an old franchise no-one gave a shit about, its completely different to Mad Max.

• Like 2

I was about to ask the same question about the Easter holiday (or lack thereof) in the US.

Easter Monday is a holiday in South Africa and a solid movie going day (i watched BvS again with a VIP ticket and the cinema was more filled yesterday than on Saturday).

I watched the film last night, boy oh boy was it a mess. That last 20 minutes would not end. Unlike Jurassic World where the audience was sent home happy, BvS sent audiences home depressed. Wonder Woman was pretty cool though, that's about the only positive I took away from it.

• Like 2

Just now, Bishop54 said:

I watched the film last night, boy oh boy was it a mess. That last 20 minutes would not end. Unlike Jurassic World where the audience was sent home happy, BvS sent audiences home depressed. Wonder Woman was pretty cool though, that's about the only positive I took away from it.

"BvS sent audiences home depressed." Audiences? Did you poll people?

In my audience, people seemed quite excited and pumped after the film ended. But hey, my anecdotal evidence is as accurate as yours...

• Like 7