kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

Just now, Hatebox said:

Wikipedia tells me that Americans don't get Easter Monday off.

It depends. My area had off today as well as other areas near by but then you have schools in certain cities that weren't off. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Nothing get's audiences more excited than ending a film with a 

Hide contents

funeral.

That must really make people cheer. 

Yeah...because the last scene of any movie is the only thing that stays with audiences, regarding of the million other things that a movie experience comprises.

Sure. Absolutely.

I guess my audience was weird then...after the film ended,  heard people talking excitedly about Wonder Woman, the BvS battle itself, the special effects, the future of the DCEU, etc.

But maybe you are right; I am positive that they all will need therapy from now on due to the last 5 minutes of the movie.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Didn't hurt Titanic. Besides, at the very end it's obvious Supes is not staying dead.

Edited by Elessar

53 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Hide contents

funeral.

The Departed was awesome though

Wedding Crashers basically end on a funeral, and that movie left audiences happy. 

Edited by Jessie

1 hour ago, Bishop54 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure that's how the first Spiderman movie ended (and on a somber, depressing note of Peter having to turn away his true love as well) yet people left my theater saying the movie was friggin' AWESOME!!!

I guess it all has to be put in context.

Edited by KGator
typo

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

I've lived in either South Carolina or Tennessee (the Bible Belt) my entire life and have never even heard of 'Easter Monday'.  Good Friday, sure, but I don't and have never known a single business or office to close on the Monday following Easter so I don't think we can view this as a holiday drop unless it's strictly related to the North/West/Midwest which wouldn't make sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

The vast majority of working Americans don't.  There may be some schools that are out on spring break although that can be staggered.  Schools in my area and in another state where I have family were out last week (the week before Easter) but different school districts might handle it differently as well as private schools, universities, etc.

• Like 1

What is this Easter Monday people speak of?

I am looking at calendar and it does say Easter Monday (C), but that's Canada. There is no Easter Monday, Jesus had already resurrected the day before...lol.

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It's not that popular of a holiday in the USA. Maybe Spring break is kicking in right now.

It is hard to say.  I looked at some large school districts in Texas that took off 2 weeks ago (14th-18th), much of Florida was off last week and yet two of the bigger school districts in California are off this week.  I don't think it would be possible to say anything definitive.

There is no national holiday called Easter Monday. Some students across the U.S. may have off from school(no public schools), but no one was off from work that I know of.