abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

If this film performs exactly the way F7 did Thursday and has a similar weekend, it's not getting to $55M. And then you have a similar drop for its 3rd weekend you're looking at a $20M third weekend which would not be good at all. 

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Has anyone considered the WrestleMania effect for this weekend? I wouldn't be surprised by Sunday declines over 50% because it's the biggest Mania of all time.

Reveal hidden contents

Wrestling has lost a lot of steam during the years. 

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Has anyone considered the WrestleMania effect for this weekend? I wouldn't be surprised by Sunday declines over 50% because it's the biggest Mania of all time.

Hide contents

I'm joking.

Or am I? :ph34r:

The King of Kings is pleased with this post. 

Qp4iy.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Please take into consideration the massive Thursday previews.

Removing the previews, BVS did 138m in the OW

A 60% drop from 138m is 55m. That would be a 67% drop from the full OW of 166m.

If it can't do 55m (-60% / -67%), it's a huge cause for concern.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

If someone says they're hearing "things" about a movie 5 months away, I'm going to decline to believe it till I actually see it for myself. Fararci is a hit and miss. Didn't he say TFA was going to suck?

Pretty much, and suicide squad has a different director. I think it's unfair to judge it based on BvS (will finally see it tomorrow!)

2 hours ago, druv10 said:

I don't see it happening. For one, costumes are all dark and grim including Flash. Also, how things pan out in BvS, I'm not sure light is possible. 

man, this is comedy gold.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

How do you calculate that? Admissions per capita?

Yup, I basically use admissions (which means Zootopia already sold 310000 tickets here). 

5 hours ago, James said:

Off topic but: I just finished reading the 6th book in The Legacy of the Force series. Why?!!! Why didn't they just adapt this series?! It is so complex and it really makes you care for the characters. Jacen (Ben in TFA) is a formidable character and you get why he does what he does. Han and Leia are beyond likable (seeing their family and the Skywalker's being thorn apart in the most gruesome way possible really makes you feel sorry for them), same with the other Jedi and the story is so much more mature. Probably that is an issue also. I don't think Disney actually wants this type of movie. It is so dark (you have scenes of torture in this book). But at the same time I love love love the realism of it. It plays much more like a political drama. This is the best thing I've read in a long ass time. And it's kinda sad to see how subpar the movies are compared to the books and how much wasted potential is there. 

Not all books are great, but there is definitely a lot of material that can/could be transferred to movies.  The first book in the Legacy series "Betrayal" shows how a Jedi decides to become a Sith.  I'm not talking about turning to the dark side, because Jacen had already turned to the dark side  I'm talking about making a thoughtful decision to become a Sith even if the logic is twisted. 

The X-wings series is great even though Jedi/Sith/Force have very limited  presence. 

So far I'm not impressed by the new EU novels. 

1 minute ago, Agafin said:

So Gitesh was more accurate than Rth today.

Also, Passion still holds the March Wednesday record? That's crazy!

We don't know that yet.

15 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

If someone says they're hearing "things" about a movie 5 months away, I'm going to decline to believe it till I actually see it for myself. Fararci is a hit and miss. Didn't he say TFA was going to suck?

Don't know.  Source for that?  There's also a difference between offering his opinion on how a film might turn out vs. what he's hearing about it from folks at the studio who are making it.

For all of you whining about Gitesh, he has been doing this more 20+ years but he isn't Rth with a direct source, he can only do what Deadline does and report those numbers and he gets them... cut him some slack he is better than most of us at predicting whats going to happen (but obviously not perfect.)

For those of you so hung up on not having numbers yet or not having "actuals" get a grip this time in 2006 we were reliant on Nikki and Mason IF they chose to share what they heard otherwise it wasn't until MOJO posted actuals around 4pm EST that we had anything. Y'all are spoiled.

• Like 13