kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yes, because I didn't like one comic book movie that means I hate an entire genre. You are not a real person.

"I'm not really excited for any of the comic book movies (I'll see them but it's all starting to feel a tad rote), but I stay out of those threads for sanity-keeping purposes in addition to avoiding spoilers."  --Filmlover April 8th 2016

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ben looked bored throughout most of the movie to me tbh. He came to life as Batman but during the Bruce Wayne scenes he seemed like he wanted to be elsewhere.

And really, forget charging him with "ruining" the characters: let's charge Snyder guilty of crimes against good actors. Between these two movies, he's wasted the talents of 9 Oscar nominees, three of which have actually won Oscars. That's simply not acceptable.

Your lying is not acceptable. Please stop or cite your source.

2 hours ago, SWXII said:

"I'm not really excited for any of the comic book movies (I'll see them but it's all starting to feel a tad rote), but I stay out of those threads for sanity-keeping purposes in addition to avoiding spoilers."  --Filmlover April 8th 2016

When I said that (in the Classic Conversation thread) I meant it in a way that I'm looking forward to the movies very much so but not as much compared to previous films because there have been so many of them to the point that there's nothing really "new" to them. I never said I wasn't going to see them.

Not that I owe you any explanation. [mod edit]

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

When I said that (in the Classic Conversation thread) I meant it in a way that I'm looking forward to the movies very much so but not as much compared to previous films because there have been so many of them to the point that there's nothing really "new" to them. I never said I wasn't going to see them.

Not that I owe you any explanation. [mod edit]

Thanks, I thought as much.

14 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Hope you are kidding. I felt sad for Hauer in that role in Batman Begins. It was just pathetic for somebody with such potential to be in such an insignificant role.

He was intense and great for negative roles.

His great roles include,

The Hitcher

Nighthawks

Ladyhawke

Blade Runner

Blind Side (90s)

You can go back even further to his 1970s Dutch films with Verhoven - Soldier Of Orange, Turkish Delight.

Though I have a real soft spot for Blind Fury. :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

You can go back even further to his 1970s Dutch films with Verhoven - Soldier Of Orange, Turkish Delight.

Goddamnit!!  How could I forget Blind Fury?!  Man, I watched the fuck out of that as a kid.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Blind Fury was awesome!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Blind Fury was awesome.

Sadly, his roles started diminishing after the mid 90s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWXII said:

Yes, because of the absurd reviews and the daring new direction it took with the genre.  It was extremely risky. And it worked. It will gain momentum as more and more experience it.

tumblr_m5ulbpbKEM1qfmoj6.gif

16 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

BvS 8.1 Friday

That would translate to a 28-30m weekend. More power to you, but not happening.

Gitesh's 20m tweet was ominous. I hope it manages ~22m (-56.5%).

Else 335m is looking murky. Good lord..if this does not do 333,176,601..