Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

40 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Hahahahaha - so the Shay was right all along. This is the (beginning of the) end of Marvel.

Female Thor, ahahahagahahah.... Such sh!t will never fly in the free world (outside US). Get woke, go broke.

PS: Make no mistake, I will still watch these - as superheroes are ridiculous anyway, so nothing substantial to lose here, even with such changes. But the millions of no-lifers who got hooked and Marvel-zombied on the classic stuff form phase 1-3 - man, those poor s*ckers are in for a rude awakening...

Normally I'd agree with you in general, but Jane Foster Thor IS a thing in the comics. Whatever Marvel Studios does, if there's a precedent set in the comics then I have no issue with it. With any franchises I've only ever been insistent on sticking to the source material, whatever that source material may be. It's when they race-bend or gender-bend just for the sake of it I get annoyed. Luckily when Marvel Studios has done that, it has admittedly been for pretty good reasons and worked anyway (female Ancient One, black Heimdall etc. etc.).

All that being said, I do roll my eyes at what they did with Thor's character at the conclusion of Endgame, with him not giving a shit and Valkyrie becoming "King" of Asgard. Blah. Whatever. Marvel Studios has earned me rolling with it.

Edited by JB33

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I never get hatred for TDW. Actually I prefer it over Thor original. Its my guilty pleasure from MCU.

I largely love all of the stuff on Asgard. The arrival on Malekith and his army is awesome. 

Agree, it’s not even close to being a bad movie. Yet it’s near the bottom of the MCU ranking, seeing as people just have to have a ranking these days. 

Waititi coming in and changing the tone of Thor was much needed though. We didn’t know we needed it, but it felt perfect within minutes of Ragnarok starting. Glad he’s back. 

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

Normally I'd agree with you in general, but Jane Foster Thor IS a thing in the comics. Whatever Marvel Studios does, if there's a precedent set in the comics then I have no issue with it. With any franchises I've only ever been insistent on sticking to the source material, whatever that source material may be. It's when they race-bend or gender-bend just for the sake of it I get annoyed. Luckily when Marvel Studios has done that, it has admittedly been for pretty good reasons and worked anyway (female Ancient One, black Heimdall etc. etc.).

All that being said, I do roll my eyes at what they did with Thor's character at the conclusion of Endgame, with him not giving a shit and Valkyrie becoming "King" of Asgard. Blah. Whatever. Marvel Studios has earned me rolling with it.

And that Jane as Thor run was one of the better ones in the comics. Original Thor didn’t go away he just went by the name of Odinson and did his own awesome stuff.

2 minutes ago, IcarusReborn said:

When I go to see Thor, a comic I've read for 40 years, I wan to see Thor Odinson not Jane Foster as Thor. Jane Foster as Thor upsets me to no end. 

Lady Thor is literally from the source material.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

No excuse . Hemsworth wasn't happy either but he did his job and then fought for Thor to be better.

I'm not really interested in any more mantle passing - just not a fan of it.    I'm barely able to consider Scott as Ant-Man.  He's very fun but I'd rather have had Hank and Janet as something more than the old guard in the background.    Mantle passing usually feels like they just weren't able to get new or old IP off the ground so they rebrand it with a famous title.   

Same. Scarlett opened Lucy and they didn't make a BW movie then even though she deserved to be the first female lead with a solo series. And now a solo BW movie is only a set up for another actress to continue in the role despite Scarlett earning the right to have a solo franchise. It isn't fair. It also isn't fair that they didn't know WTF to do with Thor until recently and now that everyone is raving about him they are taking the franchise away from Chris, who worked his butt of, in favor of Natalie who created problems on the set with her demands and then decision not to come back. C'mon, seriously, I don't get people who cannot be at least sympathetic to Scarlett and Chris. Like, good for Natalie that she got her way by standing her ground but Marvel is doing it at the expense of another actor who really worked hard for it. Like, anything they threw his way he took it like a pro. Slighted in Avengers movies til IW. Turned into a fat joke in EG. All the inconsistency with his character. Demolishing his character arc by giving the throne to Valkyrie. Etc. I don't recall his complaining ever about it but maybe that was a mistake. It's a tough business, doesn't pay off to play it nice.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IcarusReborn said:

Female Thor is hard skip for me. No way in hell would I watch that. 

2 hours ago, IcarusReborn said:

When I go to see Thor, a comic I've read for 40 years, I wan to see Thor Odinson not Jane Foster as Thor. Jane Foster as Thor upsets me to no end. 

Image result for poor thing gif

• Haha 3