Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I'm afraid I'm not quite interested in this one. Prequels about characters that we've seen grow and develop through several movies are just dumb, there's no point in just reversing completely to the beginning. I honestly wouldn't be mad at all if BW was brought back to life after Endgame, as her death wasn't as emotional as Tony's. It could've actually been interesting to see her maybe struggle to remember completely who she is, thus leading us into flashbacks of her earlier years as Black Widow, making the movie a bit more psychological than other MCU movies. Wasted opportunity, IMO.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, Captain Craig said:

I've wanted a Black Widow movie since Phase 2, needless to say I'm excited for this.

I'm keeping my expectations in check. 

Thinking that should the film do $200-$225m Dom it'll be a solid hit, like the Ant-Man films.

I think it should be doing $300m plus. 

After the moment the character had in Endgame. 

22 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Well it’s set between Civil War and Infinity War, so...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but is it even confirmed? Also, how can that time period further develop her character, she appears to be the same person in those two movies. Just bring her back with Infinity Stones, magic or whatever, and give the character what she deserves.

Yea, that's what I don't get. I'm sure it'll be a well-acted, entertaining, and solidly directed movie, but meh...after her death in Endgame, seeing her in a timeline between CW and IW sounds lame. 

What a shame Hawkeye character is still alive...god, Renner has such a punchable face.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

No one was really asking for this movie other than hard-core Black Widow/Scarlett fans.  Unless this movie turns out to be a critical/audience phenomenon (highly doubtful), then it will underperform.  Agreed with many above, the Marvel brand is powerful, and it has a great cast, but this movie feels like an afterthought, a little too little, too late in the general timeline of things.  I doubt it will flop, but my bet is that it will be one of Marvel's most significant underperformers.  Yes, Ant-Man level. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Knock It Off 2

I don't think you people realise what you are talking about. It will actually turn out quite the opposite.

Quick facts:

1. BW movie will make now more than any other time before, had it been released earlier. Maybe twice more.

2. It doesn't matter if she lived or died, if this is future or past. Her character is much more well known and loved now: so people would kill to see a bit more of her - especially knowing that this is their last chance!

3. Still, delaying her solo movie till after her death, maybe Marvel will use this for some neat narrative/character dynamics? Nah, who am I kidding. That's just the genius storyteller in me talking, few people strive to do this - or are capable of it.

4. All Marvel needs to do is - give us more of Natasha, like in Winter Soldier. There's only ONE way to fuck this up - and it seems they are going exactly that way, lol. They MAY try to introduce a new BW in this movie - but Scarlet still has to be in the spotlight, like 80%. Less than that - making this a movie about a nobody - and the movie will indeed flop, but for none of the reasons you people are all talking about.

5. (and most important) Classic MCU heroes are unimaginably more powerful (power over the viewer) than most new ones. This will eventually bring terrible problems to Marvel (as foretold in the now famous Shay prophecy about Phase 5) - if they indeed start acting stupid and go on the suicide SJW course the way they supposedly did with their comics. BUT this will also ensure that movies about the old heroes (even strange movies like this one) will always do better that what you are expecting here.

Yes, Marvel movies will bomb left and right. But it will be their new characters.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Quick facts:

1. BW movie will make now more than any other time before, had it been released earlier.

Finally someone realized that.

In the Phase 2, a Captain America film has did 700m WW. Just now a Black Widow film can do the same, or even more.

Edited by Durden
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Disney's shareholeders are not happy with 2019 Disney s performance at the box office.

Wonder what they will think in 2020.

that is a crass misrepresent of facts

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Spoilers from DailyMailUK:

Spoiler

"The Hollywood star, 34, could be seen filming in the wreck of a crashed spaceship, as she appeared to flee the scene in fear [..] It is unclear how the extraterrestrial will tie into the story of how Natasha Romanoff came to be known as one of SHIELD's biggest agents".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7387607/Scarlett-Johansson-dons-signature-leather-catsuit-film-Black-Widow-Surrey.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

😶

13 minutes ago, Durden said:

Spoilers from DailyMailUK:

Hide contents

"The Hollywood star, 34, could be seen filming in the wreck of a crashed spaceship, as she appeared to flee the scene in fear [..] It is unclear how the extraterrestrial will tie into the story of how Natasha Romanoff came to be known as one of SHIELD's biggest agents".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7387607/Scarlett-Johansson-dons-signature-leather-catsuit-film-Black-Widow-Surrey.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

😶

Is it too ambitious to hope that this is actually a sequel to Endgame and not a prequel? Fingers crossed...

27 minutes ago, Durden said:

New set pics:

Spoiler

What do you think, is that a part of a downed plane, or a nacelle like an enclossed chair lift / part of a train?

plus some parts of something riveted in the industrial way, like a bridge or train-station?