Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t want this to be another Mulan or Raya. 

I’m hoping for at least a $50m opening weekend after Godzilla Vs Kong 

LOL this is a satire right? There's absolutely zero, no make it minus 1M chance for BW to open below GvK let alone flop like Mulan and Raya. You know it too. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL this is a satire right? There's absolutely zero, no make it minus 1M chance for BW to open below GvK let alone flop like Mulan and Raya. You know it too. 

It easily can.

What is theatres boycott this movie?? I can easily see them do it

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes. It did less on YouTube and more on Twitter.

In general is probably on pair with the last one, let's see if Disney will drop the numbers.

if i remember right the sec trailer had 10 mill views on marvels account yt , this one will finish with 4,5 mill

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I didn’t mean it would flop like Mulan and Raya. I mean’t because they’re fellow Disney+ $30 releases and no one ever seems to talk about them. 

GVK just did much more then I expected so upping Black Widow to $60m+ 3 day. 

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Hard to believe they will do that. They're not exactly in a good position, boycott an animated movie is fine, an MCU movie? Doubt It.

But they can - July is more packed with movies, and if theaters are not at 100% capacity, they won't NEED another movie...

And theaters will stick with that story, whether or not it's true, b/c they'll show Disney WB GvK numbers and think Space Jam 2 is just 1 week later...

I mean right now, you've got F9 June 25, Top Gun 2 and Peter Rabbit July 2, Forever Purge still on July 9, and Space Jam 2 And Cinderella (which should have moved to May) July 16...it's actually easy to skip BW with that schedule...

If BW had stuck to May, it would have been a heckuva lot harder for theaters to skip even with more capacity issues...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Gonna need this to at least outopen AM&tW. Not convinced 100 is off the table.

If GvK can do almost $50 million (5 days, granted) in early April with non-premium access available on HBO Max, I'd be shocked if Black Widow can't do $80m 3-day in July even with PA. I'd put over $100m at 30% right now. 

• Like 2

You all are setting yourself for disappointment. I am really excited for movie but this time it's not gonna be easy. Theatres won't be easy on Disney.

This could turn out to very bad plan. Plus movie looks very old due to such a long marketing campaign. I am glad that Shang Chi and Eternals are still kept under radar. 

• Like 1

I think this will do well theatrically AND for Premier Access. If GvK can open as “big” as it has off the back of two less than great Godzilla films and a decently received King Kong film while also being available day and date on HBO Max, then the Marvel brand should be able to smash it.

Premier Access is likely to push some people back to cinemas as they might look at it like “why should I pay that when I can go to a cinema”, and it’s also available at home for those like myself who don’t want to go back to a cinema yet. It’s the best of both worlds, the only fly in the ointment is whether distributors take it if Disney keep offering poor terms compared to WB. If they want to keep Premier Access as a thing, they’d be wise to offer better theatrical terms, at least through 2021.

Im thinking $70-80 million opening weekend.

As for the trailer, it’s fine. This isn’t a film I’ve been particularly hyped for despite being a Marvel fan, I’m in the bag for it but I’ve not been blown away by any trailer so far. I just don’t find BW that interesting as a character and the flashback to her death in Endgame just reminded me how little I actually felt when she dropped off the ledge. Hopefully this film can do for Nat what WandaVision did for Wanda and Vision in terms of fleshing out her character. 

• Like 1