CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

But again, people were expecting an OD that was 50-100 yuan bigger. It's a "disappointment" in China much as it is here. 

Yes we did. But its going to jump around 50% today from a OD incl midnights in China..

That gives a great indication that WOM is fantastic and it will give challange AoU's total despite a much lower OD

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

So Mr. Pool could be the biggest CBM of the year?  Lol awesome.

No that's not possible imo.

Even with 170m ow, CW needs just 2.24x to overtake DP, which going by CW's reception is too low.

AOU did 2.4x. CW should at least get that with it's better reception, despite the increasing front-loading happening due to bigger previews ratio in the ow.

But I don't see much more than 2.5x. Not only a bigger previews ratio, but a stronger Sunday due to MD could inflate the OW a touch.

175/2.45x = ~428.75m.

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Nope.  I'm boycotting the Jays this year.  Fuck them and their cheap ass, cocky, asshole new regime.  They all came from Cleveland and are treating Toronto like we are Cleveland.  Plus Rogers Communication didn't spend any money in the off season.  When they were going to sign Price, I was on a list to get season tickets this year.  Then they didn't so I cancelled.  So fuck them.

So go watch Kersh kick their asses. :P 

But again, people were expecting an OD that was 50-100 yuan bigger. It's a "disappointment" in China much as it is here. 

Maybe we have different "people", but I have the impression that $100m OW would be as expected in China. So even if OD is disappointing, OW might be just fine. Of course, OW is not yet over...

Just now, Telemachos said:

Tele shilling the Dodgers hard now.

Will immediately cease shilling come playoff time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

So you guys think this will finish with less than 400 now?

How?

I think it has a chance of beating AoU

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Was RDJ paid like it was a CA movie? It's silly to think this is really just a second CA sequel sorry.

No sorry, It's Called Captain America. it's his movie, and that's what audiences see when they look at it the title. Outside of geek culture at least. 

Terrence Howard was paid more for IM than RDJ. was it an Rhodes movie? I don't think so. and Chris Evans has a significantly larger role than RDJ and every character in the film and he's pretty much the center of the entire story so yeah, it's a Captain America movie, he just happens to hang out with lots of avengers.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

No way this is a better SH film than TDK, I bet it's not even close.

considering I think 15 Superhero films are better than TDK yeah it kind of fuckin is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

But the money goes to them. :)

I'd rather go to the local bar and watch hockey playoffs. 

But seriously, well, I am serious about the hockey playoffs....but last year, when we signed Tulo and then Price, we sold out every game from that point until the end of the season.  TV ratings were up 150% and jersey sales were the highest they were since the 92-93 seasons.  This city is dying for a winner and we have a great run last year.  Then fucktard Shapiro comes here and publicly criticizes Anthopolous for trading prospects for proven players.  So now it just feels like this corporation (Rogers) is too stupid to realize that when you spend money you get it back.  So if the best they can give me is Jay Happ, then the best I can give them is my middle finger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kalo said:

No sorry, It's Called Captain America. it's his movie, and that's what audiences see when they look at it the title. Outside of geek culture at least. 

Terrence Howard was paid for for IM than RDJ. was it an Rhodes movie? I don't think so. and Chris Evans has a significantly larger role than RDJ and every character in the film and he's pretty much the center of the entire story so yeah, it's a Captain America movie, he just happens to hang out with lots of avengers.

Lol please, some of you are so dense. They completely changed the plot & tone of the production/advertising to show it was Cap vs IM. It's really not just another CA sequel, both the industry/fan expectations & actual data support it.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Winter Soldier is better than Civil War IMO.

Of course, I think TDK is at the top. Spidey 2 and Batman Begins to follow.

Toss in Superman 2  and the Avengers and I'm with you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

Yup.

@chasmmi, @WrathOfHan, @The Panda Knight, @ThatOneGuy, @firedeep, @grey ghost, @Kalo, @movieman, @Treetrunk Special, @Dexter of Suburbia, @Empire, @Simionski, @JJ-8, @Jake Gittes, @Jayhawk, @#ED, @Exxdee, @kayumanggi, @Mike Hunt, and @Alpha...what the fuck were you guys thinking? lol

Now, I can't wait to see the look on the people's faces that are predicting over $300m for Suicide Squad...

It's a marathon, not a sprint. :redcapes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol please, some of you are so dense. They completely changed the plot & tone of the production/advertising to show it was Cap vs IM. It's really not just another CA sequel, both the industry/fan expectations & actual data support it.

Yes, for advertising purposes of course they did.