FilmBuff

Monday Numbers Captain America:Civil War 4.71 million.

Its crazy to think that in some years we had to wait until September to get 1 300m film (2014 I am looking at you!) and in some years we never have more than 2 or 3 that pass the mark total but we already have 5!!! and it's not even the halfway point yet.

• Like 7

and that Monday drop sucks -77.7% or there abouts but it's right in line with IM3 which dropped -77.8 on the corresponding Monday.... at this point we could just plunk IM3 drops / increases in and find that our total wont be much different. 415-420 might not top Catching Fire might not get to top 15 depending on the later holds.

Looking at IM3 - it only had 1 monday drop of less than -70% until July (not counting Memorial Day) and that was the monday after Father's day

Congrats CA:CW on passing $300m domestic in such short time!

The next $100m will take a bit longer to go but it should be there by early or mid June at the latest.

Passing BvS this upcoming weekend most likely is a sure thing. 

So the exact same drop as IM3's second Monday then. The take is 95k ahead of IM3's second Monday. Might hold better than IM3 this week as IM3 had lost IMAX to STID, but will hold worse next week as it loses IMAX and PLF screens to Alice and Apocalypse.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Its crazy to think that in some years we had to wait until September to get 1 300m film (2014 I am looking at you!) and in some years we never have more than 2 or 3 that pass the mark total but we already have 5!!! and it's not even the halfway point yet.

I still think this year might be smaller than the last one. I don't think this summer is going to measure up to Jurassic World, Inside Out and Minions. And of course we have no TFA in December.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stripe said:

Calm down! We are going to see a better Tuesday bump than both IM3 and AoU.

Why?

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I still think this year might be smaller than the last one. I don't think this summer is going to measure up to Jurassic World, Inside Out and Minions. And of course we have no TFA in December.

We have better November and December titles this year imo. DOCTOR STRANGE, FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM and MOANA could be bigger than MOCKINGJAY II, SPECTRE and THE PEANUTS MOVIE of last year. ASSASSIN'S CREED, PASSENGERS and SING among others will also help ROGUE ONE match or at least finish close to what TFA did last year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

But we do have Rogue One and Finding Dory (they're both for sure over 300m)

Fanastic Beasts

IDR

Suicide Squad 

Moana

Ghostbusters 

All have a chance too