FilmBuff

Monday Numbers Captain America:Civil War 4.71 million.

There's tons of stuff that can do well this summer BKB.  

Dory

ID4

Bourne

Conjuring

Pets

And remember, no one thought JW would be the giant that it was last year.  

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I still think this year might be smaller than the last one. I don't think this summer is going to measure up to Jurassic World, Inside Out and Minions. And of course we have no TFA in December.

The first four $300M grossers before summer, Deadpool, BvS, Zootopia & Jungle Book, collectively gross an equivalent of 2 Avengers, or 2 Jurassic World. 2016 is already a fantastic year. Civil War is doing IM3 number, and we still have Dory, X-Men Apocalypse, ID Resurgence, Secret Life of Pets, Suicide Squad. Angry Bird may do Lego's numbers. Rogue One will clean up at the end of the year, and Disney will own the top 5 WW spots. 2016 is Disney's 93rd year and it is insane!

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 2

. Can't imagine that has happened very many times.

AFAIK, it never happened... It will be a historic moment.

From what I remember, some studios have captured top 1, 2 and 3 spot a couple of times though..

46 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

So next weekend we are looking at Disney having three 300MM films all in the top 8 at the same time. Can't imagine that has happened very many times.

They just might have 3 Billion dollar global BO hits and 1 2 Billion dollar hit in the last 6 months. And many more on the way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babz06 said:

Rogue One and Dory both have a chance to beat CW for the year, also a small chance for Independence Day Resurgence. 

The Mouse wins either way.

Disney, Disney, Disney--their stockholders will cry all the way to the bank. 

Dory is the only one I'll wait for DVD on, I'm in no rush to see that one. 

10 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

People are severely underestimating this week's releases. Wouldn't shock me to see Civil War in third place for the weekend.

It will be a minimum of second cause Angry birds will top 40m but Neighbors would have to really over perform expectations to drop CW to 3rd. 

Angry Birds - 40m

CW - 3 7m

Neighbors 2 - 25m

Shane Blacks film - 20m 

TJB - 10m

Gonna be a really solid weekend which will add some much needed depth to the box office heading into the memorial day frame the next weekend.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truckasaurus said:

So are we still making excuses to Civil War performing exactly in line with expectations instead of overperforming them?

Seems what is normally "boring numbers".    Kinda funny that it's following IM3...which "over-performed".   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, narniadis said:

It will be a minimum of second cause Angry birds will top 40m but Neighbors would have to really over perform expectations to drop CW to 3rd. 

Angry Birds - 40m

CW - 3 7m

Neighbors 2 - 25m

Shane Blacks film - 20m 

TJB - 10m

Gonna be a really solid weekend which will add some much needed depth to the box office heading into the memorial day frame the next weekend.  

Why would Neighbors drop so much from the first?