CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

You had never watched it? It's a classic of the superhero genre. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Have you watched First Class as well? It's a bit different but very charming. I don't think there's another superhero film quite like that one. Plus if you got emotionally invested in the characters of those two then there's a good chance you'll enjoy Apocalypse too.

What I like about First Class (in addition to the emotional aspect) is how nicely they connect X-men to political history. My father was a bit amazed when I showed him how the Cuban missile crisis was solved "in reality" [emoji4]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

X-MEN had it's time and place and that has now passed it would seem..

This movie may well fall short, but that might reflect its own shortcomings. This contention would seem to miss a crucial part of what the series is about. Prejudice against groups and alienation are themes that touch people across eras and cultures. Strong directors and writers can make needed changes to fit given eras and help craft compelling works in particular, but the core of the X-Men speaks to things that affect lots of people.

Edited by superweirdo87
  • Like 5

Apparently there is already a good quality copy of Apocalypse floating around on the Internet. Can't wait to read No Prisoners's take on this.

• Like 4

Hmm, just checked it, it's not great.  But for some reason, the one I just checked showed the Marvel Studios logo.  :lol:  Maybe it's not "up" on kodi yet.  Lol.

But from what I've seen from past movies, most great quality rips are from China (or maybe HK).  

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Watching X-Men: First Class. 2011 seemed to be the year the cast of Mad Men tried to break into movies - January Jones in X-Men: First Class, Christina Hendricks in Drive, Jon Hamm in Bridesmaids, Vincent Kartheiser in In Time. The cast must have had a really good agent at the time.

Hamm was already in The Town and Sucker Punch a few months before that, in bigger roles.

They all had more free time during that period because the fourth season started in summer 2010 and the fifth didn't hit until March 2012. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Apparently there is already a good quality copy of Apocalypse floating around on the Internet. Can't wait to read No Prisoners's take on this.

Not yet. But if it follows every other major release of the summer it will be, by early next week.

Angry Birds, Neighbors 2 are already online in decent quality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Not yet. But if it follows every other major release of the summer it will be, by early next week.

Angry Birds, Neighbors 2 are already online in decent quality.

Shit. I would've lowered N2 by 10%. :sadben:

:D

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, phoeeeel said:

Just back from watching Xmen, not many people in the theatre at all. BVS and CW were both full in the same theatre on opening night. And I was disappointed. :(:(:( Was going to check out Alice tomorrow, but no longer in the mood any more. Maybe I should go watch Zootopia again, if the nearest AMC still has it. 

Great news. I hope apocalypse flops as hard as possible .

4 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Go higher. Go bold

And then you can say your weekly mantra...

My Derby is screwed!

:D

So is your CW bet :lol:

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I can see the X-men falling below OW predictions based on the info I got from my friend about the previews. 

What are those OW predictions?