CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

54 minutes ago, RichWS said:

You don't wanna knock the critics or people who didn't like it? Very odd.

People and critics are free not to like anything. The film has its issues (not a compelling villain; screenplay; underwritten characters; failure to build to the final confrontation; shoehorning in unnecessary scenes that steal from the momentum of the story). But there is also such a thing as bandwagoning. The film did not deserve to get trashed. Just an opinion.  

2 hours ago, department store basement said:

So where's all the people who claimed "Jennifer Lawrence is a box office draw" even after Joy? Do they still think she is 

@4815162342 it's funny I was just watching the prophecy last night with Christopher Walken and Viggo Mortensen. Both of them just use Charisma in that film and I really think Viggo Mortensen would have been amazing in the Revenant 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, superweirdo87 said:

Some might argue that Justice League is the DCEU version of The Avengers. Scott Mendelson had a good piece arguing that perhaps the DCEU was never going to reach the Avengers' heights and they needed to recalibrate their expectations and budgets.

Jl  is going  to gross  less.

So, I guess 1.2 billion worldwide for Civil War is out of reach now. Movie made 15 million overseas, so overseas grosses are almost dead. 

Numbers are fine, but legs are disappointing. You don't spend more money than Iron Man 3 and you don't bring almost every Avenger to a movie that makes less than a solo Iron Man flick.  No spin can change that.

Marvel probably spent more money ( how much money was spent for promotion? ), gave Civil War a bigger budget, but somehow the movie miss Iron Man 3 number. Sorry, but this is disappointing. It might look like cool if you pretend to think this is a solo Cap movie, but let's not go there, right?

Fine numbers, disappointing legs. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

Remember when there was going to be a Halo movie? I would have watched that.

Too bad about uncharted 

Just now, cannastop said:

Do you know anyone else who would have watched it?

I've played every Halo game and I probably wouldn't have watched it. I couldn't tell you any details about the story or characters to save my life. I know that humans are fighting Aliens but that's about that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So like all the major scenes from Civil War are on YouTube... Like the fucking front page too... :unsure:

High quality clips of Civil War have been uploaded and shared on Facebook since the first week of U.S. release lol.

44 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I would love Deadpool joining X-Men

Deadpool would be instantly neutered if be joined the Singer-verse. He'd also be warped out of character like the rest of the mutants.

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

I've played every Halo game and I probably wouldn't have watched it. I couldn't tell you any details about the story or characters to save my life. I know that humans are fighting Aliens but that's about that.

That's all I needed it to be. Independenice Day will have to itch that scratch.

Shame about Xmen numbers. I never expected ridiculous numbers, especially with mixed critic reviews, but really didn't think it would end up struggling this much. Will this even end up edging out First Class DOM? Might give it a watch in a few weeks - will be nice to have a mostly empty movie theatre. Maybe I can get friends along and make fun of the movie if it ends up being too bad.

I really enjoyed X-men Apocalypse. 

I'm not sure why people are so down on it.

The only problem I had with it was Jennifer Lawrence. She completely phoned it in.

Spoiler

Apocalypse could have been bigger too but power wise he was a complete beast. He basically Brock Lesnar'd the X-men until Jean went into John Cena mode.

• Like 1