CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

46 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The "I don't see much story or plot" argument is done out for every kids movie ever. Trailers for animated movies are never narrative based.

For submission: the trailer for UP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORFWdXl_zJ4

Note the complete and utter lack of any of the SUPER FUCKING DARK parts of the movie

There may be a plot, but it doesn't seem like anyone looking forward to this actually wants one, which depresses me

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, though I’m still irked they didn’t save Moana for last summer. The competition was way lighter for it than where it released and it would have been a perfect summer movie. I think 300+ would’ve happened with ease.

But then look at what Frozen did in exactly the same spot. Disney clearly expected a repeat.

I never thought that Moana would reach Frozen levels . Frozen was one of those box office phemenons that happen once every four or five years, and expecting lighning to strike twice was never realistic.

Moana did very well indeed for Disney, but was never, no matter when it was released, going to equal "Frozen".

I think that "Frozen" was the better of the two movies, but that is another point.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

There may be a plot, but it doesn't seem like anyone looking forward to this actually wants one, which depresses me

Speak for yourself.

Any particular reason you're always super optimistic about lackluster Pixar marketing but then jump all over WDAS's? 

The first movie holds a special place in my heart and maybe I'm biased but I loved this trailer and I think this could break out relative to the first movie.

People should chill out about the plot, kids' movies don't always care much about the plot in their trailers.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

This trailer was all about playing that one novelty card and BOY do they play it. Can’t blame them. Helps from having to spoil the plot. 

Makes you wonder how big of a license to print a Disney Princesses movie would be.

WOW, that trailer killed any excitement I had. I'm cool with references and that. Like Wreck It Ralph one had these as little jokes that flowed with the story. THIS is beating you over the fucking head with a chair. I had one laugh but I was kinda in awe of just how bad this trailer was. It was basically all just one inside joke on the second half. I am very disappointed with this.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

WOW, that trailer killed any excitement I had. I'm cool with references and that. Like Wreck It Ralph one had these as little jokes that flowed with the story. THIS is beating you over the fucking head with a chair. I had one laugh but I was kinda in awe of just how bad this trailer was. It was basically all just one inside joke on the second half. I am very disappointed with this.  

The references will sell the movie to the GA far better than any story bits in the trailer could. Zootopia was sold on its OW by one gag. They don't have time in one trailer to focus on the story and getting in the stuff with the Princesses and whatnot, so they're just focusing on the latter for marketing purposes. Makes perfect sense. This is WDAS, they aren't going to be releasing the Emoji Movie 2. 

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is WDAS, they aren't going to be releasing the Emoji Movie 2. 

This and Emoji are literally the same thing regardless of quality. Only difference is one is Disney, one is Sony. Sony is the Mark Sanchez around here while Disney is Lebron James.

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Can't believe they've given this the worst title of all time just for one punchline.

I admire the chutzpah, at least.

Here we go, again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

This and Emoji are literally the same thing regardless of quality. Only difference is one is Disney, one is Sony. Sony is the Mark Sanchez around here while Disney is Lebron James.

Here we go, again.

Granted I haven't seen this movie, but I'm highly confident the big difference between this and Emoji will be that one has heart and soul and an actual story, while the other is nothing but lifeless product placements. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Granted I haven't seen this movie, but I'm highly confident the big difference between this and Emoji will be that one has heart and soul and an actual story, while the other is nothing but lifeless product placements. 

Then again how many locals wrote off Ready Player One pre-release because of its fan servicing nature?

really liked the first movie. Hope the sequel delivers.

• Like 1

Just now, RRA said:

Then again how many locals wrote off Ready Player One pre-release because of its fan servicing nature?

really liked the first movie. Hope the sequel delivers.

RPO wouldn’t have been so easy to write off if Spielberg’s quality in recent years was higher. Opposed to this, where it’s coming from a studio that has been on a decade long high quality streak. 

However, I'll be interested if there's a scene where Ralph and Vanellope go to the Box Office Forums. God help them if they go into the weekend thread though.

And since it's a Disney movie AC Slater can't be in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1