baumer

Tuesday#s Pets 9.2 GB 6.2 FTF 2.3 The V 1.9

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pete's Dragon strikes me as a $60-70M type grosser. It should at least do better than The BFG on account of less intense competition and being an easier sell.

A lot of talk about Pete's Dragon in my circles. OW 25m+

Looks to me like Pets will play bigger on weekdays than weekend similar to what Dory did.

With stronger weekdays and at least SOME competition, I don't think a 45% weekend drop is likely.

With these weekday numbers even a 50-52% drop is ok.

21 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think you're the first person to even mention the $400m possibility.

47 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Holy crapioca.

If it wasn't for Ice Age and Pete's Dragon I would say Pets has a shot at 400 mil. But now it seems that it'll come pretty darn close.

45 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I don't think I'll take Tuesday jump means that pets has a legitimate shot at 400. I think getting past the zootopia is definitely a possibility but 400 Really seems like a pipe dream.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think you're the first person to even mention the $400m possibility.

Do you just skip ahead to what I post? I was responding to a post about three spots of from mine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Holy crapioca.

If it wasn't for Ice Age and Pete's Dragon I would say Pets has a shot at 400 mil. But now it seems that it'll come pretty darn close.

@cannastop

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Riveting investigative journalism right there.

Well if you're going to make a blanket statement that has no validity to it and someone points out to you that you are wrong, why would you be sarcastic to them? He just showed you that you were wrong.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

You didn't quote the person you responded to, so I assumed you raised the possibility.

So you did exactly what I said. You skipped the first three or four posts of the thread and just went right to the poster I said 400 million? Nice going.

• Like 3

If IA really does do under 30 million this weekend, I don't think Finding Dory or pets is really going to get hit that hard.

• Like 1

The V is Tarzan. The story behind this name is that @Telemachos posted a review from some New Zealand female critic who just said that she loved the movie Tarzan because of Alex's body and she went off on his abs and his V. So now we are just calling Tarzan movie THE V. 

***if u don't know what a V is just check him out shirtless lol

WE are not calling Tarzan "the V" movie. That's as dumb as those who keep using the word stan like it's a real thing instead of just saying fan. They think they sound hip or cutting edge using made up words to describe something that already has a word for it. 

SLOP:

6.9M Wednesday -25%

5.9M Thursday -14%

6.5M Friday +10%

8.5M Saturday +30%

6.8M Sunday -20%

21.8M Weekend

Friday increase might be a bit harsh but we really don't know how Ice Age will affect it

13 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

WE are not calling Tarzan "the V" movie. That's as dumb as those who keep using the word stan like it's a real thing instead of just saying fan. They think they sound hip or cutting edge using made up words to describe something that already has a word for it. 

What a grump. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I think someone doesn't understand the difference between a fan and a stan. 

• Like 2