baumer

Weekend #s STB 59.6M, Pets 29.3M, GB and LO 21.6M, IA5 21M

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Tarzan did 44 mill this weekend internationally and Me Before You is at 182 mill WW.  :o

MBY yep playing well in  a number of INTL markets weekend still 49 markets playing it and Italy is still to Open . The top 5 markets (BRA, GER, UK, MEX, AUS) done about $us65m

• Like 8

STB Imax set franchise record WW without benefit of China or many others like FRA, SPA, BRA, MEX  11.6m 571 screens (8.4m 387 screen Domestic, 16 of top 20 thrs featured Imax)

Edited by Rth
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, Rth said:

MBY yep playing well in  a number of INTL markets weekend still 49 markets playing it and Italy is still to Open . The top 5 markets (BRA, GER, UK, MEX, AUS) done about $us65m

Yeah MBY broke out big among girls in Brazil. I teach plenty of teenager girls and they all watched it apparently.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, narniadis said:

that whole Tickets and Concessions thing at the same counter makes me dread our closest multi-plex.... NO ticket windo even for busy days and no kiosk for those of us who pre-buy either. So like when we saw Dory I stood in the line for over 30mins to get our pre-bought stubs while others were ordering tixs and popcorn - very annoying.

What type of theatre do you go to? Smaller location or bigger multiplex? Our theatre has 5 screens, and we do tickets and concessions together usually for Monday and Thursday matinees. Even then it's so slow that the line is rarely more than 5 minutes.

Less than that if you have me as your concessionist ;)

• Like 3

So Ice Age did 20.5M OW at my theatre this weekend. Star Trek did 53.0M. Overall Trek was solid, Ice Age was a huge disappointment but expected when I looked at the domestic numbers.

Just now, Blanks McCoy said:

Gonna start doing extended projections just like @WrathOfHan does:

Weekend 2: 30.7M (-48.5%) cum: 117.9M

Weekend 3: 14.1M (-54.2%) cum: 147.7M

Weekend 4: 8.9M (-36.9%) cum 164.1M

Weekend 5: 5.6M (-37.4%) cum 174.0M

Weekend 6: 3.6M (-35.4%) cum 180.1M

Weekend 7 (3-Day): 3.3M (-7.5%)

Weekend 7 (4-Day): 4.5M (+125%) cum 185.9M

DOM: 197.857M (3.319x)

WW: 454.381 (56.5% foreign share)

Ice Age has already made about $200 million WW. The numbers for Collision Course internationally were remarkable. The current film has a budget of $105 million so at the very least the film will make over 4 times its budget. Meaning we will see another one.

Tarzan might not make twice its budget. Hollywood accounting is weird but the film seems like it was too expensive. Same with Ghostbusters.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rth said:

Been standard in few markets for years,

-some will still have a seperate BO & concessions (In this case they may even also sell tickets at consessions POS),

-some will have separate BO peak times (or same area as concessions they might have one dedicated lane for "ticket only" sales) other times all ticket sales/consessions from same.

-some no seperate BO at all and everything is done from same area.

And yes to your point if its a situation of no separate box office or ticket only lane and all you want is to buy ticket you could be in Q for ages waiting for a large majority of people in front  ordering everything under the sun and if its a cinema that also has Bar / coffee service you could be waiting for people to get Wine poured, coffee made etc if there are no additional staff to handle those particular orders (there may/may not be)

I think with online ticketing become more commonplace as well as ATMs, are people buying tickets on the day less and less? 

• Like 1