CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

How famous Harley Quinn is in the grand scheme of things ?

She is the most famous female DC character not called Wonder WOman ?

It s difficult to gauge to me.

I know the video games increased her popularity.

She and Deadpool and incredibly popular. They always were. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

It's pretty amazing to me that Suicide Squad was not affected by Batman vs Superman. You think that because people hated it so much it would keep them away from this one. Apparently that is not the case.

I think people separated both of them because the marketing was so good on this.  It sucks for people that they weren't rewarded for doing this and got another mess of a movie.  

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

It's pretty amazing to me that Suicide Squad was not affected by Batman vs Superman. You think that because people hated it so much it would keep them away from this one. Apparently that is not the case.

I think the marketing swayed a lot of people but I think the DC brand while not as strong as Marvel does have selling power. 

I do think Wonder Woman will open lower than both SS and BvS simply because of its release date but it'll still be a high OW

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

Why? Again its THEIR OPINION. You're dismissing their opinion based on how you personally feel about the film. If you also felt Suicide Squad was a good movie you'd be more inclined to agree with them. 

For example: I love Deadpool and think its one of the best movies I've watched. 

If someone who didn't like the movie, or thought it was average saw my opinion, they wouldn't take me seriously because of their own personal bias based on what youre saying. 

Again this whole notion of saying someone is wrong because they loved or hated a film is absolutely ridiculous. 

One thing is to say that a film is ONE OF the best movies you watched, another thing is to say that the film is THE best movie ever.

A person who says that a film is the best / worst EVER just seems desperate for attention. That's my opinion.

No one is talking about hate or love. Do not change the focus. The point is that there is a diversity of films and a person who finds the BEST / WORST movie EVER that easy, doesn't look have credibility, only seems to want to draw attention, because of this, in these cases I ignore their opinions, as equally as someone who gives a 00/100 rating for a movie like SS.

Edited by alisson23

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

I think people separated both of them because the marketing was so good on this.  It sucks for people that they weren't rewarded for doing this and got another mess of a movie.  

Based on how disappointed I was in BvS, I decided to wait for reviews this time around.

As soon as the rotten ones started pouring in I decided to skip it.

I know a few people who acted the same as me, but a lot of people will still go because they trust the marketing over the critics.

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

But it was affected by it. People who had fun watching BVS are coming out to watch this one too. Don't let the hating narrative distort your view; BVS had more lovers than haters. It was fun to most people.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I think you forgot Catwoman and Lois Lane before her.

I would put her with Poison Ivy although she may be more popular now because of her relationship with the Joker.

I'm still mad at Nolan for not using her instead of CW.  I think it would have been a great way to have the Joker influence without using him. I still think it would have worked.

Edited by iluvjuanki

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

For the people who grew up with B:TAS she's an A-lister, dunno how familiar other people are with her.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iluvjuanki said:

I think you forgot Catwoman and Lois Lane before her.

I would put her with Poison Ivy although she may be more popular now because of her relationship with the Joker.

I'm still mad at Nolan for not using her instead of CW.  I think it would have been a great way to have the Joker influence without using him. I still think it would have worked.

Harley Quinn Rebirth is projected at 400k in comic sales this week ... higher than Batman Rebirth. She is massive ... 2nd biggest comic book property for DC comics.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James said:

Gosh I cant wait for @Rth and his 70m estimate. You people are something else. 60m???

It's utterly ridiculous how many people want this to fail.

Weren't you convinced it would open to 170m, like, yesterday? Cuz that ain't happening any more.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Not everyone thinks it's a mess. Lots of us liked it a lot.

• Like 6