kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

Looks horrible TBH.

The color scheme is too cheap, the dwarfs are too goofy. 

Gadot being jealous about that narcisistic girl? lmao no chance. 

I can see why Disney put this movie in the shadow for many years, it's probably unwatchable for the average consumer. 

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 5

28 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Interesting that the deer looks less realistic and more like how it looked in the original Snow White. 

I really like the mix of real people and the fantastic here. The colors pop, I’m in love with Rachel’s take on Snow White already and I’ve been waiting ten years for my boi Marc Webb’s comeback. It’s time.

Also, Kevin and Louis, if you and your assistants read BOT, know we want Rachel in the MCU. She knows her shit and can act her ass off. 

3 hours ago, Belakor said:

Can't wait to see Rachel Zegler's worldwide tour press, it's going to be a delight, I can bet.

Zegler's comments were "resurfaced" after the dailymail image leak and I don't read Gadot's comments from the same Disney conference as substantially different. Both spoke to a fairly normal marketing strategy for recent times based around selling the new film as a rectification of the old one's failings (whatever you think about it it's ). The fact that turned into a whole PR mess for Disney means I really suspect that's going to be something they're now actively steering away from as it's now presumably seen as a problem to avoid as opposed to a selling point in favor of the movie's freshness. While these sorts of flare-ups are described as idiosyncratic personal fights, they strike me as semi-random viral examples of more general cultural disagreements/clashing cultural frames.

Don't know how much this applies here but, it feels like whenever people say "press tour is going to be a mess" what actually happens is that the studio reworks its press strategy to lock down the questions being asked of the star. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Zegler's comments were "resurfaced" after the dailymail image leak and I don't read Gadot's comments from the same Disney conference as substantially different. Both spoke to a fairly normal marketing strategy for recent times based around selling the new film as a rectification of the old one's failings (whatever you think about it it's ). The fact that turned into a whole PR mess for Disney means I really suspect that's going to be something they're now actively steering away from as it's now presumably seen as a problem to avoid as opposed to a selling point in favor of the movie's freshness. While these sorts of flare-ups are described as idiosyncratic personal fights, they strike me as semi-random viral examples of more general cultural disagreements/clashing cultural frames.

Don't know how much this applies here but, it feels like whenever people say "press tour is going to be a mess" what actually happens is that the studio reworks its press strategy to lock down the questions being asked of the star. 

Dude is confusing what he wants to happen with reality. As happens oftens.

We all know his shtick tho. He loves Disney and is very excited for all of it. Happens to the biggest fans. He's all over these projects.

the original is such a visual masterpiece. This is the same generic cgi stuff seen and reseen without any idea.

also months of discussining if snow white looks like the cartoon or not and then the prince looks like one of the backstreet boys. 

• Like 1

To be hones, i'm very surprised of how magical and complete this looks. All the other remakes felt empty. Wrong. This feels different and the setting in the woods very warm and welcoming. Feels like "home". I think this might be pretty big. . 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2024 at 8:27 AM, Belakor said:

Looks horrible TBH.

The color scheme is too cheap, the dwarfs are too goofy. 

Gadot being jealous about that narcisistic girl? lmao no chance. 

I can see why Disney put this movie in the shadow for many years, it's probably unwatchable for the average consumer. 

Hmm spotted the other motive behind your reaction lol. 

18 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Quite the dichotomy between YouTube and Twitter in terms of what they consider the worst thing about this. YouTube says it’s Rachel Zegler and Twitter says it’s Gal Gadot. They can’t please anyone, can they? 

That’s probably expected. 

YouTube is the worst, as we know. So that has all the misogynistic “creators” and racist subscribers/commentors. 

An area of Twitter will be hating on Gal Gadot because she’s a Zionist. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 5:44 AM, PlatnumRoyce said:

It's pretty obvious from the trailer that Disney will change the direction for the promotion.

I mean, they decided to focus the trailer on traditional aspects of originam Snow White movie instead of the "strong and independent Snow White"  that Zegler was promoting.