kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

18 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Even then, that's wasn't the true Deadpool 2 that was some shitty PG-13 version they cut down specifically to get it playing in China

And I'm wondering, why did China allow the PG-13 Deadpool but not the R-rated one? Why do they ban R-rated stuff?

But tbh no China (or a veeery minimal China gross) is kinda a good thing because in the very slim chance this somehow gets over Joker WW 1.075B it will be honorably instead of via the China cop-out. 

I have a theory that most of the big studios have resigned themselves to the fact that things are getting worse between CHina and the West all the time, and eventually western moviers will be shut off from Chinese theaters, and have decided to stop catering to the whims of the CCP for that reason, which I think is good.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 1:34 PM, YM! said:

Levy directing was always going to come second to the wants of Reynolds and/or Feige.

It's like that for the non-Coogler/Gunn/Black/Waititi MCU joints

Are people just acting like Reynolds and Levy haven't been collaborators for ages or something 

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Are people just acting like Reynolds and Levy haven't been collaborators for ages or something 

I said secondary to Reynolds too

On 3/28/2024 at 3:35 AM, HummingLemon496 said:

And I'm wondering, why did China allow the PG-13 Deadpool but not the R-rated one? Why do they ban R-rated stuff?

China doesn't rate movies in the same way other countries do, it's simply pass fail. It's either OK for everyone or it's not going to get released. It's why R rated movies struggle to get in to China more. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

China doesn't rate movies in the same way other countries do, it's simply pass fail. It's either OK for everyone or it's not going to get released. It's why R rated movies struggle to get in to China more. 

which is ironic given a lot of their military propaganda movies are quite graphic.

Run time is 2 hours 10 minutes

DS2 - 2h 6m (bad audience reception)

Thor 4 - 1h 59m (bad audience reception)

BP2- 2h 41m (good audience reception)

AM3 - 2h 5m (bad audience reception)

GOTG 3 - 2h 29m (good audience reception)

The Marvels - 1h 45m (bad audience reception)

I know correlation doesn't equal causation but it seems like recently, short run time = B range audience reception, long run time = A range audience reception

5 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I know correlation doesn't equal causation but it seems like recently, short run time = B range audience reception, long run time = A range audience reception

Seriously just stop. Do you want this movie to be bad and underperform?  The concern trolling is getting annoying. It's like you are willing it to happen. DP 1 108 minutes and DP 2 119 minutes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Seriously just stop. Do you want this movie to be bad and underperform?  The concern trolling is getting annoying. It's like you are willing it to happen. DP 1 108 minutes and DP 2 119 minutes. 

Fuck no, as an MCU fan, I seriously do want this movie to make 1B+. No, I do not want it to underperform. 

But my concerns aren't that overdramatic after the last 6 MCU movies all did poorly in some way. 

7aa759ed4e5b3f11a1f1c15cee1131f13e9b9ac7

Edited by HummingLemon496

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Fuck no, as an MCU fan, I seriously do want this movie to make 1B+. No, I do not want it to underperform. 

But my concerns aren't that overdramatic after the last 6 MCU movies all did poorly in some way. 

7aa759ed4e5b3f11a1f1c15cee1131f13e9b9ac7

97446ea7-ac35-4c30-b405-c28c95494533_tex

(Or, I'd rather be an optimist and be proven wrong than a pessimist and proven right)

===

To put it a different way, add up all the days you're down-in-the-dumps/worried about the prospects of a movie/project.  Then compare that to the immediate aftermath one way or the other.  

Do all of those days worrying about something really make up for the "wow, I feel relieved that it wasn't sucky" feeling afterwards? 

Maybe.  But not for me.  And how long does that feeling last before you're worried about the next thing that you think will underperform.

See, that's the problem with "expecting disappointment" mindset, you're always in a fatalistic mood.  And that's just not for me.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It doesn't mean fucking anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1