kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@TheFlatLannister early prediction OW/DOM/WW?

Sticking with my predictions from a few months ago. Social media interactions are off the charts as expected with a big cameo event film. 

$150M/$400M/ over/under $1B 

Still don't understand the predictions that Deadpool & Wolverine will go under the two previous installments. 

*This prediction hinges on the fact that the movie is actually good*

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Like 2

It looks fantastic. It got me excited in a way Marvel hasn't in years. I'm not sure why Hugh was such a light presence here after they kept bragging about him and showing him off for over a year now, but otherwise I am very pleased. If it's good, then it'll likely reach the billion dollar mark.

6 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Sticking with my predictions from a few months ago. Social media interactions are off the charts as expected with a big cameo event film. 

$150M/$400M/ over/under $1B 

Still don't understand the predictions that Deadpool & Wolverine will go under the two previous installments. 

*This prediction hinges on the fact that the movie is actually good*

Yes the assuming the movie is good asterisk matters a LOT with Marvel now.

Because if it has a big OW and then poor legs people will say it underperformed because of "Marvel fatigue" or "nobody cares about Wolverine" even though the actual reason it underperformed is because of poor reception.

It's kind of like how people say that Quantumania underperformed because "nobody cares about Kang" even though it actually underperformed because of putrid reception. It had great early sales and a great OW -- the only problem was the legs which were poor because of awful reception.

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 2

I'll keep my opening weekend expectations tempered for now -- $110-115M

It's gonna have to pay for the sins of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania just like GOTG 3 which is why that movie opened low too (or at least way lower than it would've done in say May 2022)

2 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Looks like a Deadpool movie. Will be an interesting test on franchise fatigue.

Idk if a Deadpool cameo film is the best indicator of MCU fatigue. It will open massive regardless of early reactions. Deadpool just feels too detached from the rest of the MCU and the cameos will fuel sales

Cap 4 and F4 will be better indicators