kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I love how Ant Man's giant body (with skeleton) is some kind of stronghold.

His movie flopped so bad he got shot out back by Feige. His skeleton being used as a prop is just salt in the wound at this point.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

Could do without multiverse nonsense tbh (if that’s what’s going on)

Some quick questions to catch me up:

Is this version of Ant Man dead?

Which version of Wolverine is this?

Are they jumping into a Dr Strange style portal at the end? 

53 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

His movie flopped so bad he got shot out back by Feige. His skeleton being used as a prop is just salt in the wound at this point.

Which is a same because his movie could've opened to 150M (higher than both Deadpools) if it had good reception 

44 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Which is a same because his movie could've opened to 150M (higher than both Deadpools) if it had good reception 

What is it with you and your hypothetical scenarios when it comes to Marvel movies? 

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

How much would have MoM and L&T opened to if they both got A's instead of B's?

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If you go through and read the tracking thread from like Jan-Feb 2023 QM had insane presales and bad reception fucked it up hard

Doesn’t really impact opening weekend too much, as the cinemascore reactions didn’t come out until Saturday morning. More the legs. 

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Doesn’t really impact opening weekend too much, as the cinemascore reactions didn’t come out until Saturday morning. More the legs. 

Disagree. Based on presale data at the time, DS2 on track for 200+, QM was on track to open higher than Deadpool, neither happened because of poor reception. Same applies to Eternals, it was originally tracking for 90-110 until bad reception slapped it and it opened to 71. 

And the CinemaScore itself doesn't affect anything, like nobody goes to CinemaScore to check if the movie is good like they for say Rotten Tomatoes. It's more of an indicator of what WOM is and the WOM is what affects the movie. And the word of mouth starts spreading at Thursday night.

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cinemascore doesn't impact anything so it doesn't matter when it comes out. It's just the implication of what WOM looks like. Basically are the people who are seeing the film telling their friends the film is good and worth watching or not.

20 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Disagree. Based on presale data at the time, DS2 on track for 200+, QM was on track to open higher than Deadpool, neither happened because of poor reception. Same applies to Eternals, it was originally tracking for 90-110 until bad reception slapped it and it opened to 71. 

And the CinemaScore itself doesn't affect anything, like nobody goes to CinemaScore to check if the movie is good like they for say Rotten Tomatoes. It's more of an indicator of what WOM is and the WOM is what affects the movie. And the word of mouth starts spreading at Thursday night.

Well your original post suggested if they got As instead of Bs would it have been different. As I said, reception can’t hit early opening weekend much if the critics reviews drop late etc. 

Presales vs industry tracking etc is very different. 

19 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Cinemascore doesn't impact anything so it doesn't matter when it comes out. It's just the implication of what WOM looks like. Basically are the people who are seeing the film telling their friends the film is good and worth watching or not.

I know what cinemascore is, thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Well your original post suggested if they got As instead of Bs would it have been different. As I said, reception can’t hit early opening weekend much if the critics reviews drop late etc. 

Presales vs industry tracking etc is very different. 

Yes, when I said "what if they had A's instead of B's" I mean that an A on CS indicates that word of mouth is good, and that better word of mouth would have pushed it into a better opening weekend. And yes early WOM and stuff absolutely does affect the OW.

BOT tracking is 100x better than industry tracking

And @JustLurking is correct. CinemaScore is an indicator of what WOM is like, it does not literally change or affect the word of mouth. 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • ...wtf 1

I mean, it looks disposable but after the sheer dreck of strange/thor and i’m assuming ant man/marvels/secret invasion, that might be seen as a god-send. Feels like Wonder Woman coming off the heels of one of the worst blockbusters ever made in suicide squad, where simple competency will go a long way with people imo. At the very least this doesn’t actively look like a chore