kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

57 minutes ago, James said:

Fair enough, but its also off about -15 to -30% from GOTG 3 in all 3 territories.GOTG had the exact same release date last year. That one made 486m OS. Just trying to say that I expected a bit stronger numbers so far, that’s all.

Fyi, I still expect this to make around 500m OS because the WOM seems better than for MoM and there isn’t that much competition. But unless it turns out the WOM is stellar I don’t see 1 billion.

Since GOTG 3 made $87M in China, feels like this film is going to be short ~$30M from that market as well, unless D&W is really well received there, which I highly doubt (the Chinese Internet is very unfavourable toward NWH, for example). 

5 minutes ago, Giesi said:

Reading some reactions from people who saw the movie, it just seems like a another lackluster cameo-fest.

I could say the exact same thing with the opposite reaction. No point in cherry picking

• Like 5

4 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Ok, pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is Funko critic.

Ok so a Funko pop is a cheap collectable figure that mostly targets nerd culture in the west.

A Funko critic is someone who writes for nerd culture sites in the west.

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Ok so a Funko pop is a cheap collectable figure that mostly targets nerd culture in the west.

A Funko critic is someone who writes for nerd culture sites in the west.

*And likes every nerd/geek/GA-friendly studio content. For example, Grace Randolph.

24 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If Funko critics love everything SH related then why are Venom and Ant-man 3 very rotten?

Did their corporate checks not clear?

Ant Man is one of the worst movies of the century, the fact that it got close to 50% is already a proof of how strong this brand is lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Ant Man is one of the worst movies of the century, the fact that it got close to 50% is already a proof of how strong this brand is lol

Most impressive part is that it stayed flat from its predecessor domestically despite being terrible. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Now those were some funny social media reactions. A lot of "uh uh but Jonathon Majors is great!" (which aged really really well of course).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No one said that. Try again.

2 hours ago, Alexander said:

*And likes every nerd/geek/GA-friendly studio content. For example, Grace Randolph.

But I sense a semantics argument approaching.

Edited by grey ghost