75Live

Weekend Thread | est. DS 43 | Trolls 35 | Arrival 24 | Alm.X-Mas 15.56 | Hacksaw 10.77 | Account. 4.57 |

Everywhere I look, "Arrival" has very strong showings in theaters with reserved seatings.  Matinees look pretty healthy, too. I saw a sellout in Long beach for the 1.25PM show. 

I have a hard time believing, this will only make 5Mio on friday. That's impossible, even with the low TC. 

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Updates:

Today, Arrival is looking at $6.5M today, which includes its $1.45M Thursday.

Lionsgate/Summit’s Hacksaw Ridge per industry forecasts is holding up with $7.5M-$8M, down about 50% from its opening a week ago. 10-day by Sunday might lie just under $30M.

If that number for Hacksaw somehow becomes accurate I'm going to throw the biggest fit these forums have ever seen 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Everywhere I look, "Arrival" has very strong showings in theaters with reserved seatings.  Matinees look pretty healthy, too. I saw a sellout in Long beach for the 1.25PM show. 

I have a hard time believing, this will only make 5Mio on friday. That's impossible, even with the low TC. 

Low theater counts?

I know it's Deadline and it's extremely early, but those numbers are quite disappointing for most titles. DS really shouldn't drop much more than 50% this weekend with weak competition and next weekend it will definitely drop at least 50% against FB. Two such huge drops in a row wouldn't be good at all.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

More than that, it has less screens and smaller screens and therefore less showtimes than Trolls and Strange. 

screen size does not affect box office unless you sell out every showing which only happens with biiiiig films.

Yes, these numbers would be disappointing. But so far I don't worry. Last weekend the DL estimates were also much too early and (much) too low for HR and Dr. Strange (and probably many other films, I don't remember).
WOM should help Arrival and also Almost Christmas with its very ok RT score of 76% and 4.1/5 so far.
By the way HR is still on 96% and 4.6/5. And I read the reactions here. Too bad that I have to wait till January ;).

Edited by el sid
  • Like 2