kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

43 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Being the biggest franchise means there is bigger demand for it.

Harry Potter has always been their biggest gun. Overseas it's not really debatable.

If you release three Harry Potter movies in a single year, you risk over-saturation. Aquaman, Shazaam, and Batman could have completely different genres, themes and tones allowing them to easily coexist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If you release three Harry Potter movies in a single year, you risk over-saturation. Aquaman, Shazaam, and Batman could have completely different genres, themes and tones allowing them to easily coexist.

I get what you mean but I never talked about it. Anyway, I don't really think there is point in arguing.

So Rth was pretty close with his estimates. 

185m OS opening with Thor's legs gets it to 450-460m OS in the end (counting Japan). I doubt it has Thor's legs though because we have already seen more frontloadedness than Thor this weekend

Which means it must do 240-250 dom if it wants to cross 700m. That would require 2.5x-2.6x legs. Will be difficult but lets see how it does over thanksgiving. 

700 still in danger at this point

I am watching the John Campea show and one the the discussions is why the big difference between the audience and critic scores for Justice League. And I just think to myself - the people who did not like the previous offerings are not showing up for this one. Obviously there are lot more reasons but thats definitely one!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eXtacy said:

I am watching the John Campea show and one the the discussions is why the big difference between the audience and critic scores for Justice League. And I just think to myself - the people who did not like the previous offerings are not showing up for this one. Obviously there are lot more reasons but thats definitely one!

A bit like the transformer, 50 shades, etc... if people still go see this in theater after BvS it become a subset much easier to please that loved BvS and SS, more in sync with those movies I imagine, than the rest of the population (and critics)

11 hours ago, bladels said:

Giving JL a very generous 2.7x multiplier gets it to $760M WW and that should be the absolute ceiling for JL

I'm thinking it'll be around $680-690M finish for JL

A huge disappointment. Imagine if The Avengers movies made less than $1B WW.

Still, not a terrible number if JL can get to that.