75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Agreed, which is why I was disappointed when 

Hide contents

when Jacob was forced to forget everything, even if he did get a happy ending. Hopefully they'll somehow be able to bring him back for the sequels.

Undoubtedly he will be. I don't think anyone doubts that but you.

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I mean I thought Civil War and Star Trek Beyond were pretty good. I guess my third favorite was... Batman v Superman? Jesus.

And GODS OF EGYPT doesn't count, it's not a blockbuster it's an art film

You seen BFG? The only one live-action blockbuster I really loved this year, though it's been lonely on this train. 

Also, nothing wrong with growing more demanding the more movies you watch. And good-to-great movies will always be out there no matter where your tastes lie at any given moment. Though I gotta admit that the general direction of Hollywood doesn't fill me with optimism. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Agreed, which is why I was disappointed when 

Hide contents

when Jacob was forced to forget everything, even if he did get a happy ending. Hopefully they'll somehow be able to bring him back for the sequels.

I get the feeling: 

Queenie did something to him when she kissed him so he didn't completely forget. and his reaction to seeing Queenie when she was in the bakery. I imagine he'll be back although the sequel is set in Paris and London so I wonder how Tina, Queenie and Jacob will figure

• Like 2

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

Might skip Rogue One. Didn't care for The Force Awakens and idk, I just can't get excited for blockbusters anymore. I loved the visuals in Doctor Strange but it's still soooo formulaic.  

Didn't you jizz your pants when The Rogue One trailer first came out?

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

You seen BFG? The only one live-action blockbuster I really loved, though it's been lonely on this train. 

Also, nothing wrong with growing more demanding the more movies you watch. And good-to-great movies will always be out there no matter where your tastes lie at any given moment. Though I gotta admit that the general direction of the industry doesn't fill me with optimism. 

WE HAVE HOPE

*INSERT WORD* IS BUILT ON HOPE.

Join us on our train. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

Star Trek Beyond was probably my favorite big budget film so far.  And  I liked the hell out of the Accountant.  But Everybody Wants Some and Sing Street are near the top of my favorites.

And here's something unexpected, my dad who's 66 told me Deadpool was one of his favorite movies he's watched this year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Might skip Rogue One. Didn't care for The Force Awakens and idk, I just can't get excited for blockbusters anymore. I loved the visuals in Doctor Strange but it's still soooo formulaic.  

Weirdly enough, I am actually interested in this one despite being disappointed by TFA

1 minute ago, robertman2 said:

Top three blockbusters are Suicide Squad, Independence Day: Resurgence and Mechanic: Resurrection

:ohmygod:

Haven't seen SS yet so I can't comment on that one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

Weirdly enough, I am actually interested in this one despite being disappointed by TFA

:ohmygod:

Haven't seen SS yet so I can't comment on that one.

SS isn't too awful. It's just eh for the most part.

Cara's the only truly awful part. Ugh