CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

So, according to a post in his official website messageboard, Roger Deakins won't be doing this, as he'll be busy with the next Sam Mendes movie that will be shooting at the same time

Edited by Merkel

6 minutes ago, Merkel said:

So, according to a post in his official website messageboard, Roger Deakins won't be doing this, as he'll be busy with the next Sam Mendes movies that will be shooting at the same time

tenor.gif?itemid=8603611

Well, that's a bit of a loss for sure. I'm sure they can find another eloquent DP for this; I'm sure there's a lot of DPs with an intense desire for the opportunity to work with a masterful film director such as Villeneuve.

10 minutes ago, Slambros said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8603611

Well, that's a bit of a loss for sure. I'm sure they can find another eloquent DP for this; I'm sure there's a lot of DPs with an intense desire for the opportunity to work with a masterful film director such as Villeneuve.

Yes, problem is the really good DP's are in demand,and you have to grab them a long time in advance.

One of the bitter facts of fimmmaking is that often, if you have a locked in start date,it becomes a matter of not who you really want, but who can you get?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I hope he doesn't go with Bradford Young, I really wasn't fond of his work on Han Solo

Some DPs that Villaneuva would love to work with are probably like Deakins...already signed for films next year. He will have to make the best choice from who is available  if he has to keep the Feb. start date.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, James said:

I loved CMBYN but Chalamet is soooo miscast in this role. I can't even imagine him as Paul Atreides. Ugh. 

It's good, than, that Lady Jessica is the emotional core of the book, the heart and soul of the story, so her cipher son won't really matter as long as she's perfectly cast (as she is).  :stirthepot:

13 hours ago, Merkel said:

So, according to a post in his official website messageboard, Roger Deakins won't be doing this, as he'll be busy with the next Sam Mendes movie that will be shooting at the same time

hope he gets bradford young again. i definitely want to see a Dune that's entirely comprised of grey and brown and no one knows how to turn on a goddamn light.