CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

9 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Timothee Chalamet's casting is an exciting one because it'll be his first big-budget Hollywood project. He's got really good acting range (that I've seen from Lady Bird and the trailers/snippets from his other movies), and he's already making girls swoon for him, as they would for Justin Beiber or Harry Styles, so he's got the makings of a real star. Here's hoping this doesn't turn out like Emile Hirsch's transition from Into The Wild to Speed Racer, because I believe we've only seen the tip of the iceberg from the guy.

with stans like this who needs haters.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

I have no strong feelings on the kid either way!

I have nothing against him in general, but he seems wrong for Paul Atriedes. And if you cast that role wrong, you have pretty much blown the film.

53 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Timothee Chalamet's casting is an exciting one because it'll be his first big-budget Hollywood project. He's got really good acting range (that I've seen from Lady Bird and the trailers/snippets from his other movies), and he's already making girls swoon for him, as they would for Justin Beiber or Harry Styles, so he's got the makings of a real star. Here's hoping this doesn't turn out like Emile Hirsch's transition from Into The Wild to Speed Racer, because I believe we've only seen the tip of the iceberg from the guy.

timothee wishes he could be as good as emile hirsch was in speed racer! hopefully he doesn't turn out like emile hirsch's transition from speed racer to violently choking women in public tho.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

@Telemachos must be so excited!  :rofl:

.... anyhow I think Timothee is wonderful and might be enough for me to sit through another try at Dune.  I hope Villeneuve finds a tougher editor in addition to some warmth. The last thing Dune needs is a BR 2049's  languid pacing.

Tele's pretty much left the movie world because he became disinterested in it (cause Tele gonna Tele). Now he's probably looking at this news and thinking "I have no ragrets."

Edited by filmlover

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Jake Gittes said:

also the guy who gave maybe the best lead performance of 2017 in any movie. "oh no I can't imagine this actor acting in this acting role"

Not every ac tor is right for every role, no matter how good an actor he may be. It's called "Casting".

In fact, in the film industry you have to be a good actor to get a screen test for a major role. Acting ability is a prerequisite, you won't get a test without it. It's the other factors they are testing for.

8 hours ago, PenguinHyphy said:

If the budget parallels Blade Runner: 2049's, they might as well just incinerate that money because they honestly cannot be expecting great box office returns. 

Dune, done right, is going to cost a lot more then Blade Runner:2049.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not every ac tor is right for every role, no matter how good an actor he may be. It's called "Casting".

In fact, in the film industry you have to be a good actor to get a screen test for a major role. Acting ability is a prerequisite, you won't get a test without it. It's the other factors they are testing for.

Thanks, you don't have to oldsplain that to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This, like Blade Runner 2049, does not strike me as a movie that's going to be intended to launch/re-launch a franchise. Gotta admire that Villeneuve has enough clout at this point that studios are willing to be on board for anything he wants to make even if he has yet to see the kind of returns that, say, Nolan has seen on his "risky" projects.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Gotta admire that Villeneuve has enough clout at this point that studios are willing to be on board for anything he wants to make even if he has yet to see the kind of returns that, say, Nolan has seen on his "risky" projects.

I think there is a reason Nolan is making studio movie and those big budget Villeneuve one are indies.

There is probably another world we escaped when Nolan didn't answer yes to that phone-call from dat Warner studio executive :

" Chris, Batman ... interested ?"

Edited by The Futurist

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Enemy and Sicario are my favorites of his because his style makes them play as slow-burning horror. Tbh that might be the genre he's best suited for. 

Yeah; I feel like if he made a horror film in the style of Hereditary, it'd definitely be heralded as a classic.