La Binoche

Weekend numbers. Moana 28.3 | FB 18.5 | Arrival 7.3 | Allied 7 | DS 6.8 | Trolls 4.6 | Hacksaw 3.4

57 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I like your presentation here. I don't feel the same momentum for Moana that those films had - even Tangled, which got a lot of shine because it was a Disney animation release at a time when Disney's own brand was still regarded as being in a slump, a weak sister to  Pixar's. 

But we shall see, and if you're right, I'll tip my hat. 

Uh, the Moana soundtrack just jumped into the top ten on Billboard and has a top ten song on iTunes. The Tangled soundtrack never even charted.

There is way more buzz about this than Tangled ever had.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 2

The 10 Best Of 2016, According To The National Board Of Review via

Have you seen our Lord Of The Rings 15th anniversary feature yet? The Fellowship interview each other:

CyxuJtlUUAECnac.jpg

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Hard to comment on a weekend where things are about what they should be. Moana is holding strong, although after being ahead of Frozen on Wednesday and Thursday it seemed to be a little lighter in the Friday increase, but that appears to be across the board this year.

30 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Incidentally I'll be watching all three LOTR Extended Editions on the big screen next weekend. More hyped for that than for any actual upcoming blockbusters. 

OMG! I WANT THAT! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ISN'T IT HAPPENING HERE TOO?

Edited by James

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Off to see Moana. It's developing good legs BTW.

Sure seems like it :) Which is good. Rarely can an animated Studio pull off 2 great films in the same year - glad to see Disney (of all companies) buck the trend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, James said:

OMG! I WANT THAT! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ISN'T IT HAPPENING HERE TOO?

Did you check? 15y anniv. = maybe there is somewhere an event? Here something like that usually happens in smallish cinemas, especially the ones with usually 'culturish' films.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Did you check? 15y anniv. = maybe there is somewhere an event? Here something like that usually happens in smallish cinemas, especially the ones with usually 'culturish' films.

Nah. I checked. Hope it will happen one day though. It is my favorite movie series by far.