Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

11 minutes ago, Lavochkin said:

This movie doesn't even show in my country until April 4. Even then it's only in one theater near me. 

Hearing amazing things and can't wait to see it. 

Wait wait wait.

Where is it showing on April 4th? Thought it wasn't coming out till 4th May?

3 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Wait wait wait.

Where is it showing on April 4th? Thought it wasn't coming out till 4th May?

Hoyts in ChCh has it listed for a single showing on April 2nd, then a limited release on the 4th. 

Then again I don't know how accurate that is as they have been known to switch times often. 

Just now, Lavochkin said:

Hoyts in ChCh has it listed for a single showing on April 2nd, then a limited release on the 4th. 

Then again I don't know how accurate that is as they have been known to switch times often. 

Guess we'll find out.

Still, at least it's getting a theatrical release at all. It's the little things.

• Like 1

I was looking at the lowest 2nd week end drop for saturation (2500 theaters) releases

Get Out is #65

If you remove all the movies on that list that had their 2nd week end during Holidays, Christmas or Thanksgiving (because it's not a proof that the movie is leggy), the same for Mother's Day (2nd week end had Mother's Day, looking at the third week end drop of 70% is an undeniable proof that the movie was not leggy)

So if we keep  just the movies that had "normal" 1st and 2nd week end, Get Out is easily in the top 10.

Amazing to say the least :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Best original screenplay for oscar is in sight

Nope.  No chance.  The academy doesn't remember that films come out before October.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Nope.  No chance.  The academy doesn't remember that films come out before October.

the grand Budapest hotel was released on early march, still manage to grab best picture, best original screenplay nod in major category, and winning 4 in the end

mad max, released on may, too winning big at oscar night

• Like 1

Putting aside my opinion for a moment, it's a horror comedy with relatively low ambitions and negligible emotional weight compared to what the Academy goes for. Universal's probably satisfied with its box office success and isn't going to push it too hard.

2 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Almost every weekend box office article I read barely mentioned GO's second weekend gross or drop, obsessing over Logan exclusively instead. Horror really is dismissed by the industry and their press.

Well, Logan is the story right now. Get Out had a nice drop but it's last week's news.

12 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Almost every weekend box office article I read barely mentioned GO's second weekend gross or drop, obsessing over Logan exclusively instead. Horror really is dismissed by the industry and their press.

Unless it's a thriller masquerading as a horror movie like Split.