Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

6 hours ago, The Panda said:

You should rent Moonlight and watch it with him.  He's the crowd that needs to see it.

If that's to edgy, maybe watch Zootopia on Netflix as a gateway drug of sorts.

Moonlight definitely isn't going to unracist anyone. Not really the point of the movie.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Like "*grumble grumble* That was fine." or "That was fine!"?

His dad now wears a fursuit everywhere.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

But then the right movie doesn't get the money. We're against that on a box office forum.

Or at least, I am.

True, but how else will he see this?

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Can any movie change people who are set in their ways? I don't think so.

I think it depends. While I think it's possible (Jaws made some people afraid to go in the water for a while, Psycho made some people afraid to go in the shower), it's an extremely hard thing to do, especially in the political climate nowadays.

Just now, cannastop said:

Can any movie change people who are set in their ways? I don't think so.

Depends on how set they are and how willing they are to engage. Age too. I don't think a movie can cause someone to have an instant epiphany but it can get some thoughts going which might develop into something later. I definitely credit some movies and TV shows I saw over the years with helping me get out of my teenage misanthrope phase and making me less judgmental towards people in general.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

61 reviews and it's STILL at 100%

lol I'm really curious when it will start dropping. When was the last horror movie to have over 90 on RT? I know Conjuring was in the 80's I think. 

Edited by ban1o

48 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lol I'm really curious when it will start dropping. When was the last horror movie to have over 90 on RT? I know Conjuring was in the 80's I think. 

Plenty, lately. It Follows, The Witch, The Babadook, Green Room, The Wailing, The Love Witch, Under the Shadow, Demon, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night...a few others, too. It's a veritable horror renaissance out there. Don't Breathe, Conjuring 1 and 2, Ouija 2 all scored in the 80s.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LateReg said:

Plenty, lately. It Follows, The Witch, The Babadook, Green Room, The Wailing, The Love Witch, Under the Shadow, Demon, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night...a few others, too. It's a veritable horror renaissance out there. Don't Breathe, Conjuring 1 and 2, Ouija 2 all scored in the 80s.

Damn I thought The Witch got in the 80's. And yeah I forgot Babadook too. I haven't seen or heard of the others lmao. Yeah horror is definitey having a rennaisance right now. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LateReg said:

The Witch- $25.1m

It Follows- $14.7m

Green Room- $3.2m

Babadook- $964k

The Wailing- $786k

A Girl Walks Home- $492k

Love Witch- $223k

Demon- $104k

Under the Shadow- $32k

Get Out is likely going to outgross most of if not all of these on its opening weekend. It's probably going to end up being the best-reviewed horror film with a major distribution in a very long time.

Sensing a Don't Breathe-like run. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eevin said:

The Witch- $25.1m

It Follows- $14.7m

Green Room- $3.2m

Babadook- $964k

The Wailing- $786k

A Girl Walks Home- $492k

Love Witch- $223k

Demon- $104k

Under the Shadow- $32k

Get Out is likely going to outgross most of if not all of these on its opening weekend. It's probably going to end up being the best-reviewed horror film with a major distribution in a very long time.

Sensing a Don't Breathe-like run. 

Nicely done. I'm hoping for the same!