Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

3 hours ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

Maybe if R1 was SS levels of garbage or worse. Doesn't appear to be the case...

Even that movie did a 2.44x without the benefit of holidays.

People who throw out sub-3x multipliers for holiday movies -- no matter the reviews! -- aren't really considering how the extended Christmas holiday works.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, misafeco said:

You hate quite a few Hollywood actors. Do you have favorites too or you dislike everyone? :P

Looking at the top 10 at the box office, the only actors I hate are Will Smith and Jennifer Aniston. You know, useless, limited talent (I'm being generous), waste their starpower on garbage. 

• Community Manager
17 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

One of the people in my office saw it and thought it was better than episode 7.

#memberanecdoteoftheday.

My dad didn't just like it better than Episode 7. He liked it better than every film in the OT and PT.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

For the record, Rogue One beats the previous prequel OW record (Minions) by 40M, the previous live-action prequel record (Revenge Of The Sith) by 47M, and the previous December prequel record (The Hobbit) by 71M.

#NOTANEVENT #ROGUEWHO? #STARWHORES

Rogue One: One Prequel to Rule Them All :ph34r: 

On a side note, this is the cross-over I need:

sith_nazgul.jpg

• Like 6

My Dad thought Force Awakens was cheap as hell  as he has a keen eye for the arts & production design and stuff.

Didn't care much for the story either.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Just now, elcaballero said:

My dad thought it was okay and said it would have been better at a drive-in theater like in the old days.^_^

hmm...i keep meaning to go to the drive in near me, maybe this could be my excuse 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I always had a problem deciding /der, die, das/. Hungarian is easier in that regard.

It wasn't meant as a critique, I was surprised you know ;)  Here they often say German language - difficult language. 

43 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Birth of a Nation perhaps? Or maybe that war movie Howard Hughes spent so much money on.

I think it was the silent 'Ben Hur' by MGM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0016641/?ref_=fn_al_tt_5

2 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

My dad thought it was okay and said it would have been better at a drive-in theater like in the old days.^_^

'liked' all the answers with parents in it, as I like it, that parents still go together with the (partly long adult) children from time to time still

Not a fan of drive-in in general, can be fun, depends too much on the car and who is also in the car as much as on the film (and weather....) IMHO

I think the first film I saw in a drive-in was Jaws.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James said:

Is this prediction taking into account the competition? Sing, AC and Passangers all opens on Wed. On @Rallax's chain, Sing has bigger presales than Moana did through the same point. And Why Him? is opening on Friday. The only competition TFA had was Daddy's Home.

On another note, very nice hold for FB. It increased a lot on Sunday from estimates. So an under 50% weekend drop. 

I did not take into account this year competition. I didn't follow TFA because Christmas and NY days are not falling in the same day.

I looked at the runs of 2011 December films and 2005's King Kong. I specially looked at the increases and percentages of Sherlock Holmes 2 / Alvin in its first week and MI4 for the rest of the Holidays. Both films had to face competition, so I guess the competition effect is seen in my numbers.

I am pretty confident Sing won't have an OW bigger than Moana (due to Christmas falling on Sunday). Anyways, in Holidays there's room for many movies. Last year we had 50M each day spent on the top 10.