Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Well I just got back from my Saturday night IMAX showing, it was pretty full (I saw people in the very front row. Yikes @ the thought of that), and afterwards people clapped a bit, so that was cool.

@AABATTERY

Still the same crappy previews I got at the midnight showing, so yeah, they're not changing them for at least a few weeks. Why these morons aren't putting the second GotG Vol 2 trailer before the film is beyond me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Rogue One will make $73m on just the first day compared to what the $73m that Hobbit 2 made over its first weekend!

Moana has some real competition unlike what Frozen faced.

Catching Fire was a way bigger competition than Fantastic Beasts in the US though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bladels said:

Wonder how hard Sing's gonna hit Moana next weekend. Dory was having an incredible run before Pets. Moana is the better film tho

Advantages for Moana compared to Dory:

Sing's ow will be smaller than Pets.

Lots of holidays to have opportunities for multiple films

Christmas is the best time for family films.

Sing's ow is Moana's 5th weekend opposed to Pets ow being Dory's 4th weekend.

Disadvantages for Moana compared to Dory:

Dory was still the 'big dog' with huge hype most of the summer. Right now it's Rogue One taking up the air, not Moana.

Moana is more backloaded and more reliant on the 2nd half of it's run to put up a huge number (say 300) compared to Dory (which made 402 before Pets opened).

35 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

WB saved 2 going-to-be flops for the last month of the year. Collateral Beauty and Live By night. They had a really great year, except for these 2 and couple others.

Live By Night has a 65 million budget, it'll make some dough, definitely. Don't even know where you're getting that from, there are quite a few good reactions (some great, and not from fanboys) out there, and that one guy from AICN who called it a disaster :D

6 hours ago, GambitPool said:

I thought this looked like a fun forum with lots of conversation and some glorious meltdowns. So hi, nice to meet everyone. 

:welcome: to you too and have a lot of fun here

It is an interesting place to observe and find differing opinions = great!

6 hours ago, Mango said:

Felicity Jones is bae 

what is bae?

I ran out of likes ... with a gold account. I want a diamond account.... Those here I store for getting new tidbits or wholeheartedly feeling the same or other mustnt miss to like later (in spoiler tag as too many), but there were a lot more posts I would have liked too

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Mulder said:

I come in here expecting to get actual box office analysis and info and it's just MovieMan shitposting. Sigh.

6 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Presales extended into 27th here. 

6 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

- snip gitesh tweet - 

6 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Just ran out of likes, I guess it's time to get some sleep

Oh, and Avatar is fun, don't shit on Jamie.

6 hours ago, GambitPool said:

It was obliterated by the Death Star. 

6 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Nobody at any point was seriously thinking it.  

5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Flixter Score is at 90% 4.3/5.

Solid WOM for certain so far. 

5 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

So many posts to like and no more likes to give. Damn it!!

5 hours ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

For those who like purely anecdotal tid bits, I went to see R1 in the Twin Cities area. The snowy conditions are very tough. We only had a 6 mile drive but had to go only 35 mph. There is no doubt the weather will depress some business in this area.

5 hours ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

Okay I've been on this forum for too long I need to take a break and relax...

This calls for a STAR WARS MARATHON!

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Which makes them 8-10% off.  The same would make CB an $8.64-8.8m opener. 

Closer to $10 is better for my Derby but I don't think it's happening. 

Variety had R1 as up to $70m Friday and VB under $8m

5 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

When we saw RO last night, after about the 6th trailer, my wife was like....

"Can we just get to the damn movie!" 

?

5 hours ago, jandrew said:

I'm honestly fine with trailers. It's not the same watching them on your ipad versus the big screen. I like getting around 5 or so. It's really when they start getting to the numerous Coke and anti-pirate ads that I start shaking my fists at the screen.

5 hours ago, Black Hawk said:

- snip - cinemascore detail

4 hours ago, #ED said:

Star Wars is life!

Me and my wife this past Halloween:

(and my Son as Vader minus his helmet)

4 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

$320m budget...wtf

4 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

now heading for about $70-72M opening day. Strong A grade from CinemaScore, same as . 66% male aud, 60% 25+.

4 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

3 hours ago, Blankments said:

The first thing my dad said to me when I was picked up about movies was telling me for the first time that he's really excited for La La Land; I had to crush his dreams and say the wide release was moved to January 6. And then when my mom turned on the TV and there was a TV spot for it that said "EVERYWHERE CHRISTMAS DAY,"  he said "They're really being stupid not actually having that out on Christmas." Sometimes I'm really proud of my parents

In other news my bro might see Rogue 1 tomorrow

3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Deadline adjusted the Friday gross down to 72.5m instead of 73m.

1 hour ago, druv10 said:

The top 10 films per industry estimates for the weekend of Dec. 16-18, 2016 as of Friday night:

- snip -

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-preview-box-office-social-media-1201871704/

end

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

@water Remember you insisting FB wouldn't pass a 2.8 multiplier? Well...after this weekend, it'll only need $1m to hit it. 

Trash.

I hope you're proud of me for taking my family to see the movie, even my godmomma.

They loved the film, especially my momma and sista. 

I've seen it twice now, babe.

1M4G5BG.gif

• Like 2

I suppose I'm greedy but I wanted more than $4m for La La Land. That would mean a slightly worse PTA in 200 theaters than the one Grand Budapest Hotel had in 300 ($22,3k). 

I'm so meh on Rogue One I don't even particularly care about its numbers but if it falls at a 154.6 OW I put in winter game and the challenge that would be just fine thankyouverymuch 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rey said:

So, old ass people be seeing this? I thought they were doing the Trump Boycott...

Not Gareth winning back them racist ass haters!

Slay, Diego! Slay, Riz! Slay, Donnie! Etc.

Not Scalp One having legs for weeks!

pnWMgG0.gif

I think it will play to a younger demo over the holidays.

Wom is spreading and it's "yoh vader" lol