Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

9 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

I joined these forums to simply see discussions of numbers, predictions, patterns and movies in general, not all of this mostly unrelated filler. :ohmyzod:

However, I must admit I do enjoy seeing randoms waste so much time and energy arguing online about absolutely nothing :lol:

Welcome to BOT baby. Believe it or not, there is meaningful numbers discussion hidden among the wreckage. 

Hope you enjoy your stay ;)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

LOL what?, TFA beat AVATAR by 160mil 6 years later. Its also 800mil behind AVATAR worldwide.#

Lets get real here.

Lets get real here?! Yes, lets! Avatar has no adjusted for inflation gross because its own gross IS adjusted for inflation, since it won the title over Titanic purely based on massively inflated ticket prices not whatsoever based on tickets sold. In tickets sold, TFA blew Avatar away, so it doesn't matter if it's 6 years later or not. It wasn't at any point close. And news flash I don't have to care about unrelated foreign grosses in markets where the dollar is strong because this is the NORTH AMERICAN box office forum. Are you in the wrong place? Here in Hollywood - you know, the place where movies are made and the capitol of the entertainment world - Force Awakens reigns as the highest grossing movie of all time. Long may it reign!

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Brutal. We were at 79 earlier, currently 61 and supposed to be 19 overnight. 

Of course, I go from freezing DC to the warm pastures of Houston tomorrow and of course it gets cold. :sadben:

• Like 5

TFA holds up very well on rewatches. I don't give a shit that it's basically ANH reskinned; JJ Abrams has me hooked on those member berries. And it's not even in the top 3 films of 2015. Last year was a strong year for films IMO

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Not all of them were worse, I have seen rather extreme fanatics in a lot of 'fandoms', including Avatar.

In my POV a fanatic not only is not a fan, he/she hurts the fandom by creating disgust or..

"From my point of view, the fanatics are evil!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Insane filler is what happens the most. Once we derailed a Christmas numbers thread for 50-60 pages while talking about Fassbender's penis (don't ask). I still have pics.

Hide contents

65lVD.jpg

JBXGJ.jpg

AVmL7.jpg

See more at http://imgur.com/a/6fP72

I don't even like Shame but I'm happy it exists for that alone. 

• Like 1

Sorry but I have to give my two cents on the cash grab thing.

Cash grabs are hackjobs that nobody asked for.

What Disney is doing with SW is literally the opposite of hackjobs that nobody asked for.

There's excessive time/energy/talent being invested to meet high demand.

• Like 8

TFA is just plain weak. I didnt care about any of the new cast, and the old ones looked ridiculously out of place. I thought both Fisher and Ford were pretty bad. I was on board until they left Jakku, then ..meh

R1 is far more interesting, I wish TFA had even half the depth and risk taking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Lets get real here?! Yes, lets! Avatar has no adjusted for inflation gross because its own gross IS adjusted for inflation, since it won the title over Titanic purely based on massively inflated ticket prices not whatsoever based on tickets sold. In tickets sold, TFA blew Avatar away, so it doesn't matter if it's 6 years later or not. It wasn't at any point close. And news flash I don't have to care about unrelated foreign grosses in markets where the dollar is strong because this is the NORTH AMERICAN box office forum. Are you in the wrong place? Here in Hollywood - you know, the place where movies are made and the capitol of the entertainment world - Force Awakens reigns as the highest grossing movie of all time. Long may it reign!

Sticking your fingers in your ears over AVATARS worldwide gross won't make it go away.

Oh and Titanic had more admissions than TFA.:apocalypse:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Look, sir, Millerdom is a small fandom; it's much smaller than yours... a small group compared with some. It's small but it's great!

CbPVMthUAAAwqlR.jpg

Oh, Tele...

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Fuck you Edwards! You made me cry in front of my son!

And I'm forced to put an unofficial prequel in my top 3 Star Wars movies because it was so good!

Fuck off, you talented bastard! :ohmyzod:

We seem to have the same taste in movies. I also almost creamed myself watching it and got watery eyes. Such a great movie.

• Like 1