Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Disney's 2016 really is sort of insane. They are going to have 5 of the top 7 movies DOM including the top 3. 7 of the top 12.

if you include the fact that TFA made over $280MM in 2017 it would be the 10th largest grossing movie of the year meaning 8 of the top 13.

R1 opening gives Disney an outside shot at 3B DOM depending upon how strong it is over the Holidays. Disney is going to be just a hair short of $2.7B as of last night with 3 movies in the top 10. DS and Moana should be good for a decent amount over the Holidays. 

I think if R1 makes 270M+ more (so at 425M+) through Dec 31st Disney could actually get to 3B.

I do think Dory will be the top grossing movie within 2016, R1 is likely to be the top grossing movie released in 2016.

• Like 7

I think RO will take the 2016 DOM crown from Dory but Civil War will keep the WW crown.

Which would mean Disney's Star Wars will win the domestic crown twice in a row and will probably be the first franchise to win three times in a row.

Marvel Studios will get their second WW crown.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think RO will take the 2016 DOM crown from Dory but Civil War will keep the WW crown.

Which would mean Disney's Star Wars will win the domestic crown twice in a row and will probably be the first franchise to win three times in a row.

Marvel Studios will get their second WW crown.

Wouldn't Star Wars also be the first franchise to win twice in a row?

• Like 4

Studios are going to start scrambling to scale back their movies to avoid having them be event status after the recent success of non-event films.

Rogue One has started the next big wave in the BO business:  The Non-Event $500 million plus dom. grosser.

• Like 10

For the record, Rogue One beats the previous prequel OW record (Minions) by 40M, the previous live-action prequel record (Revenge Of The Sith) by 47M, and the previous December prequel record (The Hobbit) by 71M.

#NOTANEVENT #ROGUEWHO? #STARWHORES

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

R rated film in 1991.

The.  End.

All spoke about it during the midday breaks at work. Including people very rarely going to the cinemas. Agree.

Can't say I care about the RT score anymore.  The Auidence Score is staying steady at 90% with 8.6/10.  Well over 10000 votes this weekend

TOMATOMETER 

84%

AUDIENCE SCORE 

Say it's only fanboys and fangirls voting, that's fine.  Point is, the people who have seen it AND are voting on Flixter are giving it positive WOM.  

TOMATOMETER 

84%

AUDIENCE SCORE 

I'll get your quote afterwards and edit it into here = comparison per time 

10 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Of course I think the budgets have also gone crazy. I suppose they have the international market growth to help offset the huge cost increases of the last 25 years. It's nuts to think that a tentpole like Jurassic Park was produced for $63 million. That won't get you very far for similar tentpole SFX movies today. 

I think there was a silent film times release, there was a film the budget was 25 times what was the average at that time for the studio (not a small studio I think)

Sometimes it's not the number on paper we read today, sometimes it's the number in the time it happened.

Not correct / not checked, picked for the more simple calculation/imagination:

WB, Disney,.. spending in average $50m per film... times 25 :circles:

8 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

r_99359_dzXbF.jpg

I usually do not like films I describe as having 'strong comedic part' = comedy as genre named first or nearly having comedy as number one on the list naming the film's genres.

That one is for me one of the funniest films I know and enjoy and is as such on my rather short list of ~ comdy/comediy films I also / still / beside that... really enjoy = I am laughing a lot watching it.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Nearly right, it is kein Event

it is an 'it' word here = no 'e' at the end,

time (Zeit) is a she, then: keine Zeit

like if I have no time, someone asks me for... and only say in short: no time

but see CJohn's reaction the the non-its in his language and... a lot of what is in English an 'it' word is here female or male too

I always had a problem deciding /der, die, das/. Hungarian is easier in that regard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I think there was a silent film times release, there was a film the budget was 25 times what was the average at that time for the studio (not a small studio I think)

Sometimes it's not the number on paper we read today, sometimes it's the number in the time it happened.

Not correct / not checked, picked for the more simple calculation/imagination:

WB, Disney,.. spending in average $50m per film... times 25 :circles:

Birth of a Nation perhaps? Or maybe that war movie Howard Hughes spent so much money on.

7 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

And that was a surprise to you?

Everyone who pays for this garbage should know what he'll get - no surprises there.

I thought it might fill a void the way last year's critically panned but enjoyable Daddy's Home did during Oscar season. Anyway, I'd be happy if I never saw Jennifer Aniston's orange face in another movie ever again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I thought it might fill a void the way last year's critically panned but enjoyable Daddy's Home did during Oscar season. Anyway, I'd be happy if I never saw Jennifer Aniston's orange face in another movie ever again. 

You hate quite a few Hollywood actors. Do you have favorites too or you dislike everyone? :P