FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - R1 17.6m

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well I wasn't here last year so now it's my chance to discuss it with some felow box-office nerds. Zootopia was good aswell but it can't match the creativity/originality of IO..

IO and Zootopia are the distant top 2 of the 2010s' for me. I'd give IO a slight edge over Zoo. Zoo's obviously clever and fun but a bit in your face about its social commentary which is still nice but I think it could've been a little more delicately done and it would not age as well as IO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am getting a lot out-of-topic but I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good mystery/action-thriler movie. Let's says something like The Fugitive but with a bit more "mystery". 

Have you ever seen Angel Heart? It's not anywhere close to what the fugitive is but it's definitely a good mystery thriller kind of movie

Dead again with Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh is good. And if you want to try to find a bit of an obscure one see if you can find a movie called shattered with Tom Berenger and Greta scacchi

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Live by Night is now considered a stinker? I thought that was going to be Surefire Oscar consideration kind of movie.

TOMATOMETER 

30%

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Live by Night is now considered a stinker? I thought that was going to be Surefire Oscar consideration kind of movie.

I think it's a Billy Lynn situation all over again. 33% now at RT.

• Like 1

I need too long to write and also too long to read was written during the time I typed,... I'd post some less posts, if I had seen some posts in time. Or had to throw away some less, before posting.

What I always want to remind the not so used to OS members:

all countries have also local films... and other countries beside local or US films. It is not seldom that a local film is #1 of the year, decade, or all time.

Cinema market increases, but local plus other countries films counts too

= as I am assuming some near future discussions or fast comments about e.g. SW R1's OS

Ugh, WB should have never have given it an awards friendly release date, puts everyone's expectations sky high. The reviews aren't even bad, they're mixed, and most of them hint that there's a lot left in the editing room (I can imagine, it being WB, and the movie supposed to come out in October 2017 until they test screened it and suddenly it was coming out this year)

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Ugh, WB should have never have given it an awards friendly release date, puts everyone's expectations sky high. The reviews aren't even bad, they're mixed, and most of them hint that there's a lot left in the editing room (I can imagine, it being WB, and the movie supposed to come out in October 2017 until they test screened it and suddenly it was coming out this year)

Hard to shake a 30% RT score, justified or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Have you ever seen Angel Heart? It's not anywhere close to what the fugitive is but it's definitely a good mystery thriller kind of movie

Dead again with Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh is good. And if you want to try to find a bit of an obscure one see if you can find a movie called shattered with Tom Berenger and Greta scacchi

Frantic

Angel Heart

Dead Again

Constant Gardener

Tell No One

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am getting a lot out-of-topic but I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good mystery/action-thriler movie. Let's says something like The Fugitive but with a bit more "mystery". 

Frantic? Dead Again?

edit: curse you, @JohnnyGossamer and @Christmas Baumer!

Oh, and Usual Suspects if you haven't seen it. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I don't blame WB for giving Live by Night an Oscar friendly slot based on what Affleck has done for them.

Bit like Clint Eastwood, he had two back to back flops with Invictus and Hereafter but bounced back with American Sniper and Sully. As long as Affleck brings them a huge hit with The Batman, they'll let them direct whatever he likes 

• Like 1